Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Originally Posted by annacarna
What, where can you do 160, I drive to ICAD everyday and the speed signs are 100? Or am i seeing things, seriously, or do u mean on the dubai highway?
the 160 is only on main highway, coming out of ad island, channel st (the raha beach road) you can only do 120+ but once you turn left (by the mosque) onto the main ad/dxb highway its 160 all the way until you hit the border with AD/DXB. Also you can drive at 160 along ad/aa road and i believe aa/dxb but only in AD Emirate.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think the signs are 100 they are 120 for cars, but they did a survey way back couple of years for 6 months, a swedish firm, checking the stats for driving at the speed of 160 once the 6 months were up, thought they would put it back down to the usual 120 because it made a 0.00000000000999999999 or something of a difference to any accidents etc on the road, but they didnt they left it as it is, but of course they have never changed the signs to reflect that. but dont you notice that people drive along there much quicker and they dont set off the speed cameras.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

icad??? cant figure that one out. yes i mean the main ad highway. past shahama
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
Industrial City Abu Dhabi also known as Zones Corp
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think the signs are 100 they are 120 for cars, but they did a survey way back couple of years for 6 months, a swedish firm, checking the stats for driving at the speed of 160 once the 6 months were up, thought they would put it back down to the usual 120 because it made a 0.00000000000999999999 or something of a difference to any accidents etc on the road, but they didnt they left it as it is, but of course they have never changed the signs to reflect that. but dont you notice that people drive along there much quicker and they dont set off the speed cameras.
I will check the signs tomorrow on the way to work, am sure its 100
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

will eventually be a free zone, has its own labour office and panning their own immigration dept
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

which road?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

which road?
which road to work?

Khaleej then mussafa road then icad road
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok then if you are going up into mussafah and onwards that way its normal speed limits. the bit of road that i am talking about is..... over maqta bridge, ad golf on right, raha beach hotel etc on left, airport on right, go past al bahia and shahama then come to the mosque and the road goes under the bridge and turns left, al reef palace is in front of you, you then join the main ad to al mafraq road etc when you join the main ad road here then the speed becomes 160, do you know where i mean now?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok then if you are going up into mussafah and onwards that way its normal speed limits. the bit of road that i am talking about is..... over maqta bridge, ad golf on right, raha beach hotel etc on left, airport on right, go past al bahia and shahama then come to the mosque and the road goes under the bridge and turns left, al reef palace is in front of you, you then join the main ad to al mafraq road etc when you join the main ad road here then the speed becomes 160, do you know where i mean now?
yes i get u now, 160 am shocked,
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:04 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Ok basically I have this on very good authority and I have been doing these speeds in these areas for a year without fines.

Trade Centre Roundabout to Burj Dubai is 120kph

Burj Dubai to End Of Dubai Cameras (Abu Dhabi Bound) is 140kph all the way.

End Of Dubai Cameras To AD is 160kph.

The signs do not reflect this, as an earlier poster mentioned they have never been changed but this is definately how fast you can go before the cameras are triggered.

I have requested they send me the photo and all the info, I will update you when I see the evidence.

Bison
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:14 pm
W10

Your authority is wrong.

They reduced the speed limit on the urban part of SZR to 100kmh sa very long time ago, and its pretty well signposted too. Every 3 or 4km it says 100kmh.

It only goes to 120kmh after the marina.

Plus they now have the new digital cameras every 2km.

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10146687.html

Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:40 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

They reduced the speed limit on the urban part of SZR to 100kmh sa very long time ago, and its pretty well signposted too. Every 3 or 4km it says 100kmh.
I would put my house on it (if I had one) that I am right, the signs you refer to are giving the wrong info, I know for a fact that you can do 140kph without triggering the camera, the official limit may be 100kph as you claim, but the cameras definately trigger at 140kph.

Bison
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

the old cameras Dubai bound outside the metropolitan were definately set to trigger at anything over 120K. (they were signposted 100K)

I was flashed and fined for this about 2 years ago
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:46 am
100% British Beef

the old cameras Dubai bound outside the metropolitan were definately set to trigger at anything over 120K. (they were signposted 100K)
You are correct, they are what I refer to as near the Burj Dubai which in my earlier post I mentioned were 120kph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.