Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

It´s actually a boom industry right now. false numberplates that is..

Another trick is getting a transparent piece of optic fibre in front of the number plate, it makes reading the number impossible from above a certain angle while being almost undetectable at ground level.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
bloody hell IG, imagine if it was used as a getaway car in an armed robbery or something..

apparently it is quite common to have same number plates........basically no two cars will have the same number plate AND colour AND make...
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieG

apparently it is quite common to have same number plates........basically no two cars will have the same number plate AND colour AND make...
Unless some dodgy garage hands over some money to someone working the desk at say a car rental agency to get a list..
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

its in the paper today about old fines suddenely appearing on wrong plates so always check the picture, to make sure its your car. the old number plates in abu dhabi are all the same numbers but different colours, and sometimes the police will put down the wrong colour or one digit wrong, so always check its your car anyways.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bison
I went to pay for car rental the other day and was informed that I had aquired a Dhs1000 Traffic Fine for speeding.

The rental company said that is was on SZR and that I was doing 60kph over the speed limit of 140kph, this would mean that my 1.6 Automatic Lancer was doing 200kph, a speed that I KNOW it isn't capable of and despite anything I may have said in the past, there is no way I would be going that fast even if it was possible.

Now the rental company in question have already paid the fine which I have said I am not prepared to pay, I explained tha above and said that I would like the matter to go to court or appeal against it but because they have already paid the fine they say I am liable.

What can I do?

Bison
Where is the speed limit on SZR 140km/hr is it the AD end?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
Where is the speed limit on SZR 140km/hr is it the AD end?
Nowhere.
120kph max in UAE.
Cameras are "triggered" at higher speeds in some areas though.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

from what i know of dubai the speed limit on szr is 120 at the ad end, but usually you can do 130 with no problem. once you get over the border into ad you can go up to 160.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

but i am talking about the old speed cameras, not sure about the new time and distance ones but surely this fine will be one of the 'old' ones as the new cameras have only just been put there.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
from what i know of dubai the speed limit on szr is 120 at the ad end, but usually you can do 130 with no problem. once you get over the border into ad you can go up to 160.
What, where can you do 160, I drive to ICAD everyday and the speed signs are 100? Or am i seeing things, seriously, or do u mean on the dubai highway?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annacarna
What, where can you do 160, I drive to ICAD everyday and the speed signs are 100? Or am i seeing things, seriously, or do u mean on the dubai highway?
I thought the current SZR speed limit was 100kph so maybe you were only doing 160kph when the speed camera was triggered, Bison? Indeed I thought it was only 80kph where there are road works.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:42 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Bison
I went to pay for car rental the other day and was informed that I had aquired a Dhs1000 Traffic Fine for speeding.

The rental company said that is was on SZR and that I was doing 60kph over the speed limit of 140kph, this would mean that my 1.6 Automatic Lancer was doing 200kph, a speed that I KNOW it isn't capable of and despite anything I may have said in the past, there is no way I would be going that fast even if it was possible.

Now the rental company in question have already paid the fine which I have said I am not prepared to pay, I explained tha above and said that I would like the matter to go to court or appeal against it but because they have already paid the fine they say I am liable.

What can I do?

Bison
The speed limit on SZR is 100kmh...

Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Myname is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say that you have a pretty good case if you can prove that the car can't go that fast. The car rental company should not be able to have you to pay a fine which the car rental company shouldn't have paid in the first place. The car rental company should have raised their eyebrows if one of their budget cars get fines for doing 200 kph.

Are the pictures in the UAE taken of the front or back of the vehicle, e.g. are motorcycles "immune" of the cameras?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
I thought the current SZR speed limit was 100kph so maybe you were only doing 160kph when the speed camera was triggered, Bison? Indeed I thought it was only 80kph where there are road works.
lol shadya i wasn't doing 160, BB was saying u can go up to 160 in AD
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes 160 in ad emirate, but only where you know you can do it, as the signs still say 120.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes 160 in ad emirate, but only where you know you can do it, as the signs still say 120.
where BB, the signs say 100

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.