Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Originally Posted by Jeeper
I can't stand these kno.bs that put hazard lights on every time they brake. Brake light come up when you brake. What difference does hazard lights make?
And if you're really braking in an emergency should you really be fiddling around for the hazard light button or controlling your vehicle?
Here is a message from Mr. Knob...yes I admit to switching my hazard lights on for maybe 2-3 seconds if I am approaching a stationery line of traffic and I see in my rear view mirror that Bison or an Emirati is flying up behind me at high speed. It simply makes sense. Applying hazard lights for the duration of an entire rain shower or continuously in foggy weather instead of using proper headlights, however, is a totally different kettle of fish. Please feel free to disagree.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Here is a message from Mr. Knob...yes I admit to switching my hazard lights on for maybe 2-3 seconds if I am approaching a stationery line of traffic and I see in my rear view mirror that Bison or an Emirati is flying up behind me at high speed. It simply makes sense. Applying hazard lights for the duration of an entire rain shower or continuously in foggy weather instead of using proper headlights, however, is a totally different kettle of fish. Please feel free to disagree.
I do disagree. why are the brakelights there?

I can't stand vehicles with brake light indicators too....the red light is the indicator. You have to look at both to know if they are braking repeatedly or turning.
Admittedly you have to do the same with the orange indicator lights here due the overuse of hazard lights
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:16 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

so bison out of interest if there were no cameras at all and the signs say 120 on the motorways what speed would you generally drive at?
That all depends doesn't it, weather conditions, traffic etc....
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I would do 180kph yes, I don't rely on the Gulf News for the info, I got the information from the RTA so I know that the signs are incorrect.

Another person who has their wires crossed I see, the Speed limit is (Officially) 160kph, the 120kph signs are outdated/incorrect, the camera grace is probably about 165-170kph.

Fine, call them, I did and now I know the right info!

That statement is a generalisation, we are talking about one stretch of highway, not all highways. That statement is not incorrect, but they need to add more info relating to the stretch of highway we are talking about.

no the speed limit is 160 and the cameras will trigger at 161, and if you were to go higher than 160 you would have more points etc on your licence then if you were going say 121 when speed limit is 120.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Just because they are a majority, doesn't mean they are right.

FACT 1 isn't relevant to the arguement, I never denied that I speed and that isn't what we're debating.

I also think that a number of those who voted yes did so very quickly without thinking about all the facts.
I think most people couldn't be arsed voting on such a stupid poll.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:36 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
no the speed limit is 160 and the cameras will trigger at 161, and if you were to go higher than 160 you would have more points etc on your licence then if you were going say 121 when speed limit is 120.
please prove that the limit is 160.

thanks
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by commander

thanks
along with confirmation that the 120 signs can be ignored.
I would be extremely surprised.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander

thanks
the gulf news said it

oh and Bison called some geezer and he told him!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:00 pm
W10

I would do 180kph yes, I don't rely on the Gulf News for the info, I got the information from the RTA so I know that the signs are incorrect.
Another person who has their wires crossed I see, the Speed limit is (Officially) 160kph, the 120kph signs are outdated/incorrect, the camera grace is probably about 165-170kph.

Fine, call them, I did and now I know the right info!

You do know that the RTA isn't responsible (even 1%) for that stretch of road? Abu Dhabi Police is, but good of you to call them anyway.

Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
You do know that the RTA isn't responsible (even 1%) for that stretch of road? Abu Dhabi Police is, but good of you to call them anyway.
i did already point out that little correction.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 12:19 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
i did already point out that little correction.
yea you did,

now where is the proof re the 160KPH.....were waiting.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

when i get the time
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

but there are many signs that are wrong in abu dhabi, for eg its says at the turn off to ad golf club/dubai at the speed camera 80 but in fact you can fly past at 120 without setting the camera off.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:32 pm
banned

Maybe the camera is broken, if the sign is 80 then that is the limit. (If I recall there was roadworks there recently)

What part of this don't you get?

Got that 160K proof yet?
Old Jan 14th 2009, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

What about without your family, something tells me that your a closet speed demon

And you didn't answer my question in my previous post either, should someone who knows the limit is 160kph still obey the 120kph signs in your opinion?

Bison
Will you stop it with your stupid "He who hasn't sinned cast the first stone" attitude!!!
All of us were late teens and tweinties at some point in our lives...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.