Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:04 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

I went to pay for car rental the other day and was informed that I had aquired a Dhs1000 Traffic Fine for speeding.

The rental company said that is was on SZR and that I was doing 60kph over the speed limit of 140kph, this would mean that my 1.6 Automatic Lancer was doing 200kph, a speed that I KNOW it isn't capable of and despite anything I may have said in the past, there is no way I would be going that fast even if it was possible.

Now the rental company in question have already paid the fine which I have said I am not prepared to pay, I explained tha above and said that I would like the matter to go to court or appeal against it but because they have already paid the fine they say I am liable.

What can I do?

Bison
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dhs1000 Traffic Fine!!

Originally Posted by Bison
I went to pay for car rental the other day and was informed that I had aquired a Dhs1000 Traffic Fine for speeding.

The rental company said that is was on SZR and that I was doing 60kph over the speed limit of 140kph, this would mean that my 1.6 Automatic Lancer was doing 200kph, a speed that I KNOW it isn't capable of and despite anything I may have said in the past, there is no way I would be going that fast even if it was possible.

Now the rental company in question have already paid the fine which I have said I am not prepared to pay, I explained tha above and said that I would like the matter to go to court or appeal against it but because they have already paid the fine they say I am liable.

What can I do?

Bison
Ask them for the original paper from traffic?

Is it thrifty car rental by any chance
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:18 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Ask them for the original paper from traffic?

Is it thrifty car rental by any chance
It's not Thrifty, I have the original copy but it's all in Arabic, true enough my number plate is on the original copy from the Police but as I said, my car isn't capable of those speeds, could it be a mistake or another car that flashed with me in the picture?

What I really want to know is that I told the rental company I want to go to court, they paid it before informing me of the fine, I would have refused to pay and gone to court about it as I know the car can't do those speeds. However the rental company paid it so they say it's to late and I have to pay. I want to know if I do have to pay it or can I tell them to stick it up the arse as they shouldn't have paid it without telling me first?

B

Last edited by Bison; Jan 11th 2009 at 5:21 am.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

ask to see the picture... they often put down one wrong number of the licence plate etc. yes the new rules have changed the costs of fines, the more over the speed limit the higher the fine. i think though in your rental contract it probably says that they will pay any fine etc and you will have to reimburse them back, check that first
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Bison

Bahah. I hired a 1.3 l auto Lancer and it maxed out at about 150 on a totally flat road. Hmmm perhaps I should have gone for the extra half pint of engine displacement.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

It's not Thrifty, I have the original copy but it's all in Arabic, true enough my number plate is on the original copy from the Police but as I said, my car isn't capable of those speeds, could it be a mistake or another car that flashed with me in the picture?

What I really want to know is that I told the rental company I want to go to court, they paid it before informing me of the fine, I would have refused to pay and gone to court about it as I know the car can't do those speeds. However the rental company paid it so they say it's to late and I have to pay. I want to know if I do have to pay it or can I tell them to stick it up the arse as they shouldn't have paid it without telling me first?

B
Dont pay it and let them take you to court to get their money, how else are they gonna get it, hardly gonna send the heavies around!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Bison

The most I squeezed out of a 1.6 Lancer was just shy of 170kph on an empty road and slightly downhill - not the most stable of cars at that speed, soon slowed down.

I'm surprised they haven't just taken the money from your credit card!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

Last year my car apparently left the car park, drove to Sharjah, collected a speeding fine and came back to park itself while I was out of the country. With the keys. I know cars are getting clever these days but even I was impressed with that. The fine was 200Dhs and I know morally I should have protested but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle so I just paid it. 1,000Dhs I think I'd have made more of a fuss about.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:44 am
100% British Beef

I'm surprised they haven't just taken the money from your credit card!
They can't, I cancelled that card a while ago
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Seriously Bison, if you dont pay the car rental company will go to the courts and make a case against you, it will prob take 6 months for the courts to sort themselves out and contact you. They will ask you to come to the court to explain, you will then be given the chance to contest it.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

If you were able to steal a rental car from here and ship it to your home country, would your country refuse to license it, arrest you and send the car back here?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:00 am
100% British Beef

If you were able to steal a rental car from here and ship it to your home country, would your country refuse to license it, arrest you and send the car back here?
I'm hiring a Ferrari the week I go home for good
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

It's happened to us thrice. Ask for the photograph as well (which we did).
Turns out that there was another car with the same number plate
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieG
It's happened to us thrice. Ask for the photograph as well (which we did).
Turns out that there was another car with the same number plate
bloody hell IG, imagine if it was used as a getaway car in an armed robbery or something..
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

A friend of mine has been slapped with a 10,170 salik fine, she has the tag on the car but they are still insisting she pays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.