British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   DEWA MOVE process (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dewa-move-process-919751/)

Millhouse Nov 29th 2018 10:01 am

DEWA MOVE process

DEWA has apparently launched a service where you "move" your account from one place to another. Rather than a final bill/ new connection etc.

My landlord doesn't know anything about it. Any one tried it? did it work? What document do you get to be able to show the old landlord that you have cancelled etc?

reddiva Nov 29th 2018 10:09 am

Re: DEWA MOVE process

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12601242)
DEWA has apparently launched a service where you "move" your account from one place to another. Rather than a final bill/ new connection etc.

My landlord doesn't know anything about it. Any one tried it? did it work? What document do you get to be able to show the old landlord that you have cancelled etc?

https://www.dewa.gov.ae/en/about-dew...other-in-dubai. It seems straight forward however you will need to get the Ejari. I did my cancellation/Ejari/Reconnection at Al Manara. It was straightforward enough although i did get there as they opened

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 29th 2018 10:23 am

In theory it should be much easier.

In reality, I can't wait to hear how bad it is.

Millhouse Nov 29th 2018 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12601250)
In theory it should be much easier.

In reality, I can't wait to hear how bad it is.

Exactly my point.

It sounds simple and logical. That means it will be a complicated shitshow. Especially given the holiday.

scrubbedexpat141 Nov 29th 2018 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12601252)
Exactly my point.

It sounds simple and logical. That means it will be a complicated shitshow. Especially given the holiday.

I guess it just transfers the deposit and name, that's all. It should and could be very simple.

Where you moving to? Meydan?

Millhouse Nov 29th 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12601253)
I guess it just transfers the deposit and name, that's all. It should and could be very simple.

Where you moving to? Meydan?

Yup Meydan. Polo-townhouses. Very decent and 10mins to DIFC day or night with no lights. Easy access to main roads for misses millhouse to visit people as well as get back to work. 3 bed house, roof terrace etc. All for the bargain price of 140k. Built in 2016, one tenant - he paid 192k. Been vacant since early September.

Irishbeekeeper Dec 1st 2018 10:01 am

Thats a decent buy mate, congrats!
I recently shifted offices and the house and had I known that sifting DEWA was an option I would have done it as well. And to be honest my last bill / new connection experience at their Head Office near the Dubai Health Care City Metro was absolutely lovely, pain free and was over and done with in less than 30 minutes. I did make it a point to go at 7 pm in the evening on a weekday when I knew it wouldnt be crowded though.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 4th 2018 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12601255)
Yup Meydan. Polo-townhouses. Very decent and 10mins to DIFC day or night with no lights. Easy access to main roads for misses millhouse to visit people as well as get back to work. 3 bed house, roof terrace etc. All for the bargain price of 140k. Built in 2016, one tenant - he paid 192k. Been vacant since early September.

140k is very good really, especially given the access to DIFC, Downtown etc.

I'm getting a little sick of apartment living and the herd of elephants living upstairs. I'm convinced the constant shifting of furniture means that there's two-dozen Asians in a one-bed.

Millhouse Dec 4th 2018 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12603706)
140k is very good really, especially given the access to DIFC, Downtown etc.

I'm getting a little sick of apartment living and the herd of elephants living upstairs. I'm convinced the constant shifting of furniture means that there's two-dozen Asians in a one-bed.

It's a great price. Was on for 150k, I offered 140k, one cheque. Met my neighbours - all great too. Really happy.

Had to make the garden though as the previous tenant took it with him - I had a sand plot, so have had to invest about 2k into the house which is peanuts given what's been done.

Arnold S Dec 4th 2018 7:28 am

I've used it and totally flabbergasted at how pain free and efficient it all worked. There was even an overlapped period that meant the movers could work in both properties with a/c and electricity on.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 4th 2018 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 12603715)
It's a great price. Was on for 150k, I offered 140k, one cheque. Met my neighbours - all great too. Really happy.

Had to make the garden though as the previous tenant took it with him - I had a sand plot, so have had to invest about 2k into the house which is peanuts given what's been done.

Sounds great, I look forward to the BBQ invite.

Millhouse Dec 5th 2018 4:42 am

Sadly. Today proved it was a total f-up.
The extra 2k I paid online to open the new villa didn’t go through properly. I’ve now had to add another 2k in cash.

Final bill, disconnection and cave life today and tomorrow. Hopefully all sorted by Friday.

On a more te positive note, the girls in the happiness center were fun and I’ve left happy despite 2000dh poorer, no power for 2 days and absolute uncertainty if I can move in friday.