DEWA bill continued

Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DEWA bill continued

hi all,

I have decided DEWA are useless.

I have been in my apartment for 3 1/2 months, no DEWA bill. So in fear of being cut off receiving an astronomical bill I contacted them to say any sign of my bill? Apparently my account number is not recognised- yet i have water and electricity. They don't recognise my number in my doorway and they really didn't seem that bothered about it.

They advised me to conatct my security guard to get a building number - which may take a while as my security guard doesnt do anything particularly urgently.

So my issue is do I just not pay- I am putting money aside for the bill just in case they work it out, see if they never send me a bill and have free water and electricity for my duration in this apartemnt, or should i try to get to the bottom of it and sort it all out?

Has anyone else had this situation.

If they do cut me off there is a pool with shower and i have candles so I'm not really worried about being in the dark for a few days- what are everyones thoughts?

Kittycat
xxx
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:10 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEWA bill continued

Originally Posted by kittycat1
hi all,

I have decided DEWA are useless.

I have been in my apartment for 3 1/2 months, no DEWA bill. So in fear of being cut off receiving an astronomical bill I contacted them to say any sign of my bill? Apparently my account number is not recognised- yet i have water and electricity. They don't recognise my number in my doorway and they really didn't seem that bothered about it.

They advised me to conatct my security guard to get a building number - which may take a while as my security guard doesnt do anything particularly urgently.

So my issue is do I just not pay- I am putting money aside for the bill just in case they work it out, see if they never send me a bill and have free water and electricity for my duration in this apartemnt, or should i try to get to the bottom of it and sort it all out?

Has anyone else had this situation.

If they do cut me off there is a pool with shower and i have candles so I'm not really worried about being in the dark for a few days- what are everyones thoughts?

Kittycat
xxx
myaybe DEWA is including in your rent, if it is a new building chances are the builders have not yet put it into the owners name and the DEWA is still be paid by the builder. Happened to us in TECOM but only for the first month.

m
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:19 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Despite their comments, there is still a chance they could cut you off. And presumably the shower by your pool uses an electric pump so that wouldn't work either.

My advice would be to contact your landlord, as they must have some DEWA paperwork or reference. Otherwise you need your Municipality reference, your tenancy agreement (as well as a book & supplies) and go and sit in a DEWA branch for a day whilst they sort it out.

-
Old Jan 20th 2010, 4:41 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're having the same sort of thing - moved in, contacted them, set up account, all fine and dandy. A few months later, there's no word from them, so Mr Kitty calls to say hello... oh, sorry sir, yes, it's being processed. Right. 6 months in to our tenancy, it's still being processed. It's maybe time to prod them again.

I think either way, keep some money in reserve and if they never present you with a bill, well, you have a little end of year bonus. I would chase them a bit though - it's always nice to live life above board.

Just thinking though, as BC said, maybe the building's powered off a generator (it happens in the new ones out in the middle of the sand) while it's being connected tot he main supply? Dunno.

You could always ask one of the other tenants if they had the same problem.