DEWA

Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:54 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEWA

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
It's 1000dh deposit for apartment, 2000dh for house.

When you move, once you get the final bill go to DEWA office and they will deduct the final bill from whatever your deposit was and give you the cash back.

The process is scarily easy for Dubai.
hmm I can't find the deposit, I seem to recall giving AED 2k to the woman who we rented it off so her maids could go and pay to get the DEWA started, not sure if I ever got a recceipt though,

But....I rang up yesterday on the automated phone line thing and it said the bill was AED -16, so not sure if we had a final bill of about 2k and they just deducted it from the deposit?? Is this possible?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:58 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
hmm I can't find the deposit, I seem to recall giving AED 2k to the woman who we rented it off so her maids could go and pay to get the DEWA started, not sure if I ever got a recceipt though,

But....I rang up yesterday on the automated phone line thing and it said the bill was AED -16, so not sure if we had a final bill of about 2k and they just deducted it from the deposit?? Is this possible?
I would work on your average bill, mine for a 2 bed apartment is around 800dhs of which the majority of it is tax shown as 5% of my rent
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:21 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt it mate, I think you need to go to DEWA to collect the final bill and pay it. You then get a stamp on the bill saying paid and that's it for that account. Without that final bill stamped, you can still be liable for the account number. If you have the receipt, they will give you cash back for the deposit.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Doubt it mate, I think you need to go to DEWA to collect the final bill and pay it. You then get a stamp on the bill saying paid and that's it for that account. Without that final bill stamped, you can still be liable for the account number. If you have the receipt, they will give you cash back for the deposit.
SHITE.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

We're hoping to move house this weekend and i wondered if someone could answer a few questions about DEWA please?

I have to tell them 3 days before we want our final bill and tell them our leaving date at the time? (we haven't got a moving date yet but hoping it's this weekend)

but i'm not really sure what to do next?

Also once i tell them our leaving date what time of that day will the water and electric be shut off? and our new place switched on?

Sorry i've got no clue (even though i have phoned them asking the process!)

Thanks in advance

Mrs H
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
Hi guys,

We're hoping to move house this weekend and i wondered if someone could answer a few questions about DEWA please?

I have to tell them 3 days before we want our final bill and tell them our leaving date at the time? (we haven't got a moving date yet but hoping it's this weekend)

Also once i tell them our leaving date what time of that day will the water and electric be shut off? and our new place switched on?

Thanks in advance

Mrs H
Hmm, I think they give you the final bill and you pay it, then they cut you off.

If not tell them when you can and move out and get teh final bill paid a few days afterwards.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Hmm, I think they give you the final bill and you pay it, then they cut you off.

If not tell them when you can and move out and get teh final bill paid a few days afterwards.
Yeah thats what Mr H was saying. Maybe we should get the new DEWA on first and then i can cancel it in this place at a later date. It'll give me time to get both places cleaned too.

Thanks again Spugsy!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

Yeah thats what Mr H was saying. Maybe we should get the new DEWA on first and then i can cancel it in this place at a later date. It'll give me time to get both places cleaned too.

Thanks again Spugsy!
no worries, I am the one and only.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance

Mrs H
As soon as you have paid your Dewa deposit and completed all the paperwork they should switch it on immediately. I went in at lunchtime with all the paperwork etc on the day I was moving into my place and by the time I moved in that afternoon, it was on.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:35 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

no worries, I am the one and only.
is your new name Chesney then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-BOTFmimoA
Old Apr 21st 2009, 10:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by moto111
is your new name Chesney then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-BOTFmimoA
erm, Hawkes??