DEWA

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default DEWA

We opened a DEWa account a year ago and are in the process of getting our final bill as we don't pay DEWA at the new place,

now someone said we must have paid a AED2,000 deposit, which does ring a bell,

can anyone confirm that you need to pay a deposit?

Also I take it I'll get it all back??
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:17 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEWA

Originally Posted by Spugsy
We opened a DEWa account a year ago and are in the process of getting our final bill as we don't pay DEWA at the new place,

Yes, you probably paid a deposit. You will need the receipt to claim the money back. They will deduct your final bill from the deposit and refund the rest in cash.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

You must of paid a deposit, i think it was a thousand I paid, but that was ages ago, you may have paid more
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

We paid a thousand deposit too.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:58 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
We paid a thousand deposit too.
yup and you get it back when they close out your account

we were 2K..
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:10 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked, I paid 2000 and it does say on the receipt that refundable on issue of receipt, so hope you can find it Spugsy
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:13 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Just checked, I paid 2000 and it does say on the receipt that refundable on issue of receipt, so hope you can find it Spugsy
hmmmm, I hope so too.....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

hmmmm, I hope so too.....
Before DEWA was formed by combining water and electricity operations you paid 1000 each. So guess 2000 is the figure. Not sure as my residence is in the wife's name! But did live in a house for 18 years that had no water meter!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:10 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

It's 1000dh deposit for apartment, 2000dh for house.

When you move, once you get the final bill go to DEWA office and they will deduct the final bill from whatever your deposit was and give you the cash back.

The process is scarily easy for Dubai.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:19 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

... as we don't pay DEWA at the new place,
So is the new place solar powered with an on-site lake or what?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:27 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by lionheart
So is the new place solar powered with an on-site lake or what?
the tenants in the big upstairs villa have made the donwstairs into a 2 bed villa, thats where we are,

so they pay all DEWA and wi-fi bills.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:33 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

the tenants in the big upstairs villa have made the donwstairs into a 2 bed villa, thats where we are,

so they pay all DEWA and wi-fi bills.
Are you sub-letting, Spugs? If so, be careful, mate...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Are you sub-letting, Spugs? If so, be careful, mate...
erm, aye.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:40 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

erm, aye.
And the LL is cool with it?
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:43 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
And the LL is cool with it?
he is actually aye, there was a lass in there before us for 6 months, we're taking over her lease as she lost her job,

so 2 bed villa, but we use the big bedroom as a living room, dewa and wi-fi for free, massive garden with gardener every 2 days, big bathroom and massive kitchen, 6 month lease for AED 50k,

so hopefully if we like it we'll stay, if not in 6 months time hopefully loads of people will have buggered off home when the school terms finishes so rents will drop even more and if we want we get a nice villa somewhere for a lower price than we would now,

or the people upstairs re-negotiate which means our rent comes down as well and we stay as we are.

We shall see...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.