Developments in Ajman

Old Jun 28th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Developments in Ajman

Does anybody have any good knowledge of this emirate ? Im going for a drive tomorrow & ive heard there are a few good developments there ? Ajman reminds me of the good old days in Dubai........

Last edited by pauldxb; Jun 28th 2008 at 6:55 am.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 8:59 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Developments in Ajman

Originally Posted by pauldxb
Does anybody have any good knowledge of this emirate ? Im going for a drive tomorrow & ive heard there are a few good developments there ? Ajman reminds me of the good old days in Dubai........
Not sure why this topic should be in the Sand Pit but, FWIW, my opinion of Ajman is that its basically an extension of Sharjah and pretty nondescript. Much better is R-A-K where there is at least a scenic backdrop.
Old Jun 28th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Real estate investors who are lining up to buy freehold homes in Ajman might have to wait for an indefinitie period for utilities

More than 300 towers are in various stages of development on both sides of the Emirates Road in Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and Ras Al Khaimah that might be completed but will not see "light" years after completion. Some billions of dirhams have been committed by small investors that could go wrong if government authorities do not collaborate to ensure utilities, officials say.

A senior federal government official has accused local governments in the Northern Emirates of "unplanned" developments that could lead to a major crisis relating to power and water supplies, or lack of it.

"The abrupt development in the construction field now seen in Northern Emirates is unplanned," Hassan Abdullah Al Ghasyah, executive director of Supply at the Federal Electricity and Water Authority (Fewa), said in a statement, responding to queries from Gulf News.

More here:
http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Re...y/10222473.html
Old Jun 28th 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

i currently live in Ajman and there is very little here!! Why were you driving here? Change of view from cranes to more cranes?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:38 pm
W10

DO NOT BUY IN AJMAN

Put simply.

Massive undersupply of electricity and water

poor infrastructure

real estate laws not in place

development largely unchecked

Entire developments being cancelled

Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
i currently live in Ajman and there is very little here!! Why were you driving here? Change of view from cranes to more cranes?
drove past your place yesterday
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
drove past your place yesterday
shame it werent today, im sitting in this bloody apartment with my foot up and i am bored bored bored! Glad hubby is on his way home otherwise i am going to start talking to my couch!!!

i do however have water and electricity!!!

The good think Ajman does have is New York Fries... im bloody addicted!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:54 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

shame it werent today, im sitting in this bloody apartment with my foot up and i am bored bored bored! Glad hubby is on his way home otherwise i am going to start talking to my couch!!!

i do however have water and electricity!!!

The good think Ajman does have is New York Fries... im bloody addicted!
it was quite bizarre cos as I drove past I was dying for the loo if I come over that way again I will PM you and pop into relieve your boredom
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

it was quite bizarre cos as I drove past I was dying for the loo if I come over that way again I will PM you and pop into relieve your boredom
well i think my foot is much better, im still not walking on it but i certainly wont be spending another day in this apartment watching every beverley hill cop showtime has to offer!!! :curse:
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:37 pm
Concierge

well i think my foot is much better, im still not walking on it but i certainly wont be spending another day in this apartment watching every beverley hill cop showtime has to offer!!! :curse:
did you find the ski club place I mentioned before? it's apparently not far from you, gets busy at the weekend. Have you been up to Al Hambra as well?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

did you find the ski club place I mentioned before? it's apparently not far from you, gets busy at the weekend. Have you been up to Al Hambra as well?
Have heard nothing about a ski club here.... i will ask when i am at the kempinski tomo. And Al Hambra.... have not heard of that either, what is there?
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I hear that people in Ajman talk to their couches...And they like it cause the couch really listens...Unlike men...Unlike me...
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Confucius
I hear that people in Ajman talk to their couches...And they like it cause the couch really listens...Unlike men...Unlike me...

ahhhhhhhh, someone you know must have lived here huh!

It really is true!
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhhhhhh, someone you know must have lived here huh!

It really is true!
I know more than a dozen in Ajman...
Two of them speak to me and they even look into my eyes...I listen...
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:50 pm
Concierge

Have heard nothing about a ski club here.... i will ask when i am at the kempinski tomo. And Al Hambra.... have not heard of that either, what is there?

Al Hamra Resort, about 20 minutes away from you, hotel with golf and restaurants etc, nice place. Let me see if I can find that ski club information.