Desi London Mayor

Old May 9th 2016, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desi London Mayor

Originally Posted by Eeyore
One of the things I like so much about the UK is that religion is generally in decline, at least among white Britons. I only know a handful of people who are actively religious Christians.
one of the things I dislike about the UK is that a country that seems to have finally seen the light about superstitions is now being forced to kowtow to a new lot of imported superstitions.
Old May 9th 2016, 1:15 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
one of the things I dislike about the UK is that a country that seems to have finally seen the light about superstitions is now being forced to kowtow to a new lot of imported superstitions.
Been reading the Daily Mail again?
Old May 9th 2016, 1:24 pm
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

I am atheist, so I can't argue to hard. But if the majority of the population decline to embrace christianity, does that not open the door for Islam to rise to prominence in the UK....

I think atheism has a direct link to political correctness, and not prepared to say boo to a goose! I should be able to call a spade a spade!
Old May 9th 2016, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Been reading the Daily Mail again?
of course. I find the Guardian too dull
Old May 9th 2016, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Wound up? Not in the slightest. You flatter yourself.

I was faintly amused as you were getting more and more defensive and wound up yourself.

I was toying with you, much as a cat toys with a mouse. This is just an internet forum after all...
So you and Light were the ones making a fuss about typos and yet I am the one would-up ; strange mental gymnastics that. Or maybee neither of you had a pertinent reply so choose deflection instead.
Old May 9th 2016, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to Sadiq's "Uncle Tom" comment:

What does it say about Sadiq's innermost feelings about non Muslims if he thinks moderate Muslims are Uncle Toms. We associate Moderate Muslims with being against the many forms of Islamic bigotry and intolerance. What if a White candidate for mayor had said liberal Whites were race traitors.

And Goldsmith isn't a better candidate either.

In the US : Hillary and Donald are both terrible choices but the best person for the job (Bernie) is not going to get the Democratic party nod.
Old May 9th 2016, 2:48 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
So you and Light were the ones making a fuss about typos and yet I am the one would-up ; strange mental gymnastics that. Or maybee neither of you had a pertinent reply so choose deflection instead.
No love, just playing with you as you bite back.
Old May 9th 2016, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

No love, just playing with you as you bite back.
Old May 9th 2016, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
We elected a Jew in the 1800s as PM...

N.
Twice
Old May 9th 2016, 2:58 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by iggle
I am atheist, so I can't argue to hard. But if the majority of the population decline to embrace christianity, does that not open the door for Islam to rise to prominence in the UK....

I think atheism has a direct link to political correctness, and not prepared to say boo to a goose! I should be able to call a spade a spade!
Your comment seems to assume that people need some kind of religion. Do they really? Or it is just what they are used to? A habit if you will.

The whole point of being an A-theist (deliberately written in that way) is that you don't believe in a god so why would you suggest that others need one? An atheist believes that god is a man-made construct as opposed to theism where there is belief in a god or creator, possibly several, which encompasses all religions. (Buddhism is an honorable exception here.)

I am not arguing, just wondering. I rarely actually argue but I do like people to explain and back up their comments.

I happen to think that for many in the UK, the woolly CoE is more of a habit than anything else. A way of marking rites of passage rather than a sincere and genuine belief. The usual hatches, matches and dispatches types of thing.

Of course there are religions which have an entirely different role, that are front and centre in people's lives, but even then most people can live largely secular lives in the modern world without their beliefs bothering others in any major way.

I don't believe in any god but I do find the whole concept of religion fascinating. I've been listening to a lot of the late Christopher Hitchens lately which has been most enjoyable.
Old May 9th 2016, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

*wound
*maybe
*chose

Last edited by Lightandbitter; May 9th 2016 at 3:10 pm.
Old May 9th 2016, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
*wound
*maybe
I am amazed you could deduce (correctly) the words are "wound" and "maybe" . It could be rumplestiltskin for all anyone knows.
Old May 9th 2016, 3:16 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

You can keep some people happy some of the times
You can try and keep most people happy most of the times
but you sure cant keep everyone happy all of the times
even if the guy elected was named Haji Rahul Jhonson, somebody somewhere would definitely have had an issue with him....or her for that matter.
Sad fact is that no matter how good a job he does, some people will always find faults in his actions. Him being Muslim is a sign of Multiculturalism, which for some is a good sign and for some is the end of times...again...depends on who you are. Here is a small snippet of a chat I had with a very bigoted total asshat (paki muslim) acquaintance of mine last night :

He might be a muslim but do you know what he had to do to get there? He supports jewish establishments in Palestine, he supports LBGT marriages, he is a member of the political party which was part of the Iraq invasion responsible for hundreds of thousands of muslims deaths! He is neither a Pakistani nor a Muslim as far as I am concerned!

So what I am trying to say is, already the self imploding propaganda machine in muslim communities have started against him. I know these people is what I am trying to say. They will NEVER be happy with anyone! Khan could have landed from the sky with angel wings and they will still find problems with him. And this from his own fellow muslims! So yeah, he is damned if he does or doesnt as already mentioned above. So I just say give it time, if he is worth anything or not, it will show up in a year.
Old May 9th 2016, 3:18 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Going back to Sadiq's "Uncle Tom" comment:

What does it say about Sadiq's innermost feelings about non Muslims if he thinks moderate Muslims are Uncle Toms. We associate Moderate Muslims with being against the many forms of Islamic bigotry and intolerance. What if a White candidate for mayor had said liberal Whites were race traitors.

Yes, he seems to have got off quite lightly regarding that. Spun under the carpet during the criticism of the Tory's nastiness.

Its not the words that are worrying, its the sentiment. As I've said before, one policy that even appears to back up those or related sentiments could cause major unrest.

Edit: I wrote my post before I'd seen Irishbeekeeper's post above: we've written two sides of the same coin.

Last edited by Bahtatboy; May 9th 2016 at 3:20 pm.
Old May 9th 2016, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
You can keep some people happy some of the times
You can try and keep most people happy most of the times
but you sure cant keep everyone happy all of the times
even if the guy elected was named Haji Rahul Jhonson, somebody somewhere would definitely have had an issue with him....or her for that matter.
Sad fact is that no matter how good a job he does, some people will always find faults in his actions. Him being Muslim is a sign of Multiculturalism, which for some is a good sign and for some is the end of times...again...depends on who you are. Here is a small snippet of a chat I had with a very bigoted total asshat (paki muslim) acquaintance of mine last night :

He might be a muslim but do you know what he had to do to get there? He supports jewish establishments in Palestine, he supports LBGT marriages, he is a member of the political party which was part of the Iraq invasion responsible for hundreds of thousands of muslims deaths! He is neither a Pakistani nor a Muslim as far as I am concerned!

So what I am trying to say is, already the self imploding propaganda machine in muslim communities have started against him. I know these people is what I am trying to say. They will NEVER be happy with anyone! Khan could have landed from the sky with angel wings and they will still find problems with him. And this from his own fellow muslims! So yeah, he is damned if he does or doesnt as already mentioned above. So I just say give it time, if he is worth anything or not, it will show up in a year.
He is in a no win situation, he will be attacked from both sides

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.