Desi London Mayor

Old May 8th 2016, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desi London Mayor

Originally Posted by Meow
Hang on, are you suggesting there is a better option than democracy?

No system is perfect, but I don't think anyone can suggest that the UK system is intrinsically bad. Heaven knows the selection process is not ideal but what's the alternative? Too few people seem to be sufficiently interested in actually changing anything as persistent election turnouts demonstrate.

Maybe people get the politicians and government they deserve...
Democrasy needs to have a system of checks and balances that guard against anti-democratic forces exploiting democrasy to impose their will on society.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter
Wow, why do you even wear out your keyboard with crap like that
What do you mean? What do you find questionable about my comments that pure democrasy can lead to trouble? I didn't mean to imply the mayor should have been found by some other means ; my comment was responding to Meow's comment on democrasy .

Nether Sadiq or Zac are good choices. Sadiq's antagonistic comments on moderate Muslims shows him to be a bigot and someone who is ideologically opposed to non-Muslims. In Zac case: could the conservatives have found a more elitist establishment candidate. Papa Goldsmith used his money and influence for machinations behind the scenes .

I don't prefer Zac over Sadiq ; I don't like either one . Just as I don't like Hillary or Donald. The choices were/are terrible . Yes it was a democratic election but if the people are only given terrible choices, it is rather rigged.

Last edited by Boomhauer; May 8th 2016 at 2:24 pm.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not seen any of those ghastly British First posts? Plenty of claims of the country being over run.

Anyway...

http://i68.tinypic.com/wlpvsi.jpg
As a point of order, Riyad Mahrez never deserved PFA player of the year.

it should however have gone to another foreign player.

Make of that what you will
Old May 8th 2016, 2:20 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Democrasy needs to have a system of checks and balances that guard against anti-democratic forces exploiting democrasy to impose their will on society.
Have you been drinking?
Old May 8th 2016, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond reputeLightandbitter has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean? What do you find questionable about my comments that pure democrasy can lead to trouble?
No it was the spelling that riled me
Old May 8th 2016, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have you been drinking?
Just pomegranate juice
Old May 8th 2016, 2:28 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Just pomegranate juice
Looks as if it has fermented...

No one is going to take you seriously if you want to discuss democracy but can't spell the word. Not on this forum at least.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Let's see any of the local Arab countries elect a Christian or Jew to a prominent position
Why limit yourself to local Arab countries.

I don't think this would happen in many other countries in the World... could you see this in Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Russia, maybe even USA.

Either what we have is a triumph for democracy (i.e. "we" are setting a global standard on how it should be done) - or it is a failure of democracy due to low turn-out and the system has been gamed.

I sincerely hope it's the former.
BE Enthusiast

No one is going to take you seriously if you want to discuss democracy but can't spell the word. Not on this forum at least.
In fairness Meow, shouldn't we put that to the vote?
Bored liberal

In fairness Meow, shouldn't we put that to the vote?
Old May 8th 2016, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Picking on spelling is a falacious argument though. Everyone knew what I meant . I've made typos in other threads , and no one has made a fuss about it.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:36 pm
Bored liberal

Picking on spelling is a falacious argument though. Everyone knew what I meant . I've made typos in other threads , and no one has made a fuss about it.
I made no mention of any other errors (really, life is too short) but it is relevant when it's the topic you are attempting to discuss. The fact is that many people will judge you on spelling, grammar and a general ability to communicate clearly. That's life. *shrugs*
Old May 8th 2016, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

its not when you cannot spell fallacious
Old May 8th 2016, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

its not when you cannot spell fallacious
he might be using the urban dictionary definition.
Old May 8th 2016, 2:43 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Millhouse
he might be using the urban dictionary definition.

I am quite willing to believe you just happened to know that without looking it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.