British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Desert Trips (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/desert-trips-855949/)

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 7th 2015 9:18 am

Desert Trips

Afternoon campers,

My Dad is visiting again later this month and wants to go for a ride into the desert, over some dunes etc. He definitely doesn't want to sit and have a BBQ, hold a falcon, dress up or watch a belly dancer. He just wants to be taken for a ride over the dunes, have some pictures, see more of the desert than I can show him etc.

Anyone know any of the big operators that do this or are they just the full whack all night excursions?

Thanks in advance.

Millhouse Apr 7th 2015 9:19 am

Re: Desert Trips

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11612454)
Afternoon campers,

My Dad is visiting again later this month and wants to go for a ride into the desert, over some dunes etc. He definitely doesn't want to sit and have a BBQ, hold a falcon, dress up or watch a belly dancer. He just wants to be taken for a ride over the dunes, have some pictures, see more of the desert than I can show him etc.

Anyone know any of the big operators that do this or are they just the full whack all night excursions?

Thanks in advance.

How many people are going?

Meow Apr 7th 2015 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11612456)

Side business Milly? ;)

Millhouse Apr 7th 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11612464)
Side business Milly? ;)

well, I might be able to take two people out if there is a suitable trip they could join...

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 8th 2015 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11612456)

Just two. But both in early 60s so doesn't need to be for too long or too rigorous.

I was hoping there would be a company that does it and you can have the whole car or something, rather than them being squashed in.

Appreciate the offer though, will talk to old man and see what he thinks, but don't want you to go to any trouble.

Millhouse Apr 8th 2015 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11613245)
Just two. But both in early 60s so doesn't need to be for too long or too rigorous.

I was hoping there would be a company that does it and you can have the whole car or something, rather than them being squashed in.

Appreciate the offer though, will talk to old man and see what he thinks, but don't want you to go to any trouble.

Not rigorous is fine... the only "issue" is that group trips tend to be fairly long, 3-4 hours maybe.

scot47 Apr 8th 2015 2:12 pm

Show him the DVD of "Lawrence of Arabia"

OleJanx Apr 8th 2015 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 11613572)
Show him the DVD of "Lawrence of Arabia"

Not quite the same effect as having a red-lining Land Cruiser go roaring past you, though...

Ditzy Apr 9th 2015 4:43 pm

Give Arabian Adventures a ring and explain exactly what you'd like.

Also try Platinum Heritage Tours.

Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris (Dubai, United Arab Emirates): Address, Phone Number, Tickets & Tours, Attraction Reviews - TripAdvisor

Ask both of them to make sure the trip goes to the nature reserve. :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 12th 2015 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Ditzy (Post 11614820)
Give Arabian Adventures a ring and explain exactly what you'd like.

Also try Platinum Heritage Tours.

Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris (Dubai, United Arab Emirates): Address, Phone Number, Tickets & Tours, Attraction Reviews - TripAdvisor

Ask both of them to make sure the trip goes to the nature reserve. :thumbup:

Thank you, will investigate.

archie159 Apr 13th 2015 10:20 am

This company Gulf Ventures is run by a British woman by the name of Deb, and are reasonably close to Dubai. I suspect if you gave them a call on T - +971 4 4045867 they might be able to sort something out.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 13th 2015 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by archie159 (Post 11617555)
This company Gulf Ventures is run by a British woman by the name of Deb, and are reasonably close to Dubai. I suspect if you gave them a call on T - +971 4 4045867 they might be able to sort something out.

Thank you.