British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Derren Brown - Predicted the lottery numbers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/derren-brown-predicted-lottery-numbers-630093/)

Amnesia180 Sep 10th 2009 3:14 pm

Derren Brown - Predicted the lottery numbers

Did anyone see this?

It was on Ch4 last night, for 10 minutes. He had 6 white lottery balls with numbers on them.

As the lottery numbers were announced on BBC1, he wrote them on a sheet of card. After the last number was called, he turned his balls over and there were the numbers.

Looked rather impressive I must say, would have been better if he had shown us the numbers BEFORE the draw - but apparently Camelot (the licensing company) wouldn't let him display his numbers until the last one had been drawn.

We find out tomorrow how he performed this illusion!!

The Dean Sep 10th 2009 3:43 pm

Re: Derren Brown - Predicted the lottery numbers

Originally Posted by Amnesia180 (Post 7920294)
Did anyone see this?

It was on Ch4 last night, for 10 minutes. He had 6 white lottery balls with numbers on them.

As the lottery numbers were announced on BBC1, he wrote them on a sheet of card. After the last number was called, he turned his balls over and there were the numbers.

Looked rather impressive I must say, would have been better if he had shown us the numbers BEFORE the draw - but apparently Camelot (the licensing company) wouldn't let him display his numbers until the last one had been drawn.

I displayed my balls on C4 once...............

Expatinfo Sep 10th 2009 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7920362)
I displayed my balls on C4 once...............

....and they never commissioned a series from it?? Looks like CH4 have missed a trick there. Maybe now that BB is finishing, there's a gap in the market?

The Dean Sep 10th 2009 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Expatinfo (Post 7920414)
....and they never commissioned a series from it?? Looks like CH4 have missed a trick there. Maybe now that BB is finishing, there's a gap in the market?

For a "New Member", you're very forward...........

I'm going to like you................

Expatinfo Sep 10th 2009 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7920419)
For a "New Member", you're very forward...........

I'm going to like you................

it's just my sense of humour. Breaks the day up a bit!

Madam Medusa Sep 10th 2009 5:22 pm

Did anyone see this?

just watched it, it's amazing...

MM, xx

Bungdit Din Sep 11th 2009 10:03 am

apparently Camelot (the licensing company) wouldn't let him display his numbers until the last one had been drawn.

heh heh... you believed that? ;)

not true at all... and DB didn't predict the lottery, that's impossible. all the balls were blank until the numbers were announced on the lotto draw. the trick was in swapping the blank balls with the correct numbered balls as they were announced... a few different ways you could do that with camera tricks... youtube has lots of videos explaining how it works.

Amnesia180 Sep 11th 2009 10:57 am

No, I don't believe that for one moment. I also know he can't predict the future!

Derren Brown himself admits that he is an illusionist, I find it fascinating to find out how exactly he done it.

We all know he isn't looking into the future, and hasn't found out a system to predict lottery numbers. But anyone who watched it, mus thave been impressed.

Hello.Kitty Sep 11th 2009 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Amnesia180 (Post 7922757)
No, I don't believe that for one moment. I also know he can't predict the future!

Derren Brown himself admits that he is an illusionist, I find it fascinating to find out how exactly he done it.

We all know he isn't looking into the future, and hasn't found out a system to predict lottery numbers. But anyone who watched it, mus thave been impressed.

Yeah, I saw it... would need to watch it again to take everything in. He's been advertising his new tricks as "misdirection", so yes, it'll be interesting to see what he used.
On his ad for the "tell-all" show this evening, he holds a sparkly silver star to his chest at the end and fixes the camera for that tad too long... completely random, but obviously not. I wonder what that's all about!

ukmouse Sep 11th 2009 11:49 am

Has anyone got Derren Brown's phone number?

Just wondering if he can tell me where my next jobs coming from! :cool:

I'm not bitter...

Bungdit Din Sep 11th 2009 12:12 pm

this is probably how he did it... or a variation on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqAt2akPHJ8

Expatinfo Sep 14th 2009 7:20 am

I saw the same video over the weekend, and I think this is how he definitely did it.....

If you watch the Derren Brown video, it's noticeably shaky (must be the tension of having such incredible special powers, knowing that you can win the national lottery at will.......)

and another thing - if he claims that he used the info from a panel of people over the last year, does that mean that he has a syndicate who he has to share his winnings with...ah - I forgot, he didn't buy a ticket.....plum :eek: