Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

for depeche mode fans (and confucius)...

for depeche mode fans (and confucius)...

Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default for depeche mode fans (and confucius)...

...this is from popbitch

>> Stories of Faith and Devotion <<
There is such a thing as loving a band too much

This week we saw The Posters Came From The Walls,
a new documentary film about Depeche Mode fans
around the world. It's both touching and funny.
Here's nine things you should know about
Depeche Mode.

1. Dave Gahan's birthday falls on 9th May,
Russia's National Day. In St Peterburg, Mode
fans celebrate it as "Dave Day" every year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYTWPNSG4TE

2. When he overdosed in 1996, the heroin Dave
Gahan used for the speedball was a pure brand
called Red Rum. He said: "i thought it
referred to the racehorse until someone pointed
out it spells 'murder' backwards."

3. George Michael's favourite Depeche Mode
track is A Question Of Lust.

4. Vince Clarke and Andy Fletcher were in
the 5th Basildon Boys Brigade.

5. The band are from Basildon. An anagram
of Basildon is I So Bland.

6. The first album Martin Gore bought was
Ziggy Stardust.

7. Vince Clarke's real name is Vince Martin.
He changed his name when he realised he would
be in trouble as he was still signing on.

8. When Alan Wilder (who lied about his age at
the audition - he was over 21) joined DM, he
was paid £50 a week.

9. Alison Moyet was in Andy Fletcher's class
at school and "the best fighter in the year".

Go see the film at London Film Festival next Tuesday:
http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/posters_came_walls

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for depeche mode fans (and confucius)...

thought it was going to be news of the world tour

eldest wants me to take him to Copenhagen next summer
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
thought it was going to be news of the world tour
ohhh...no need to get arsey...was just passing on some info about the new film and stupid facts which i thought would be interesting...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ohhh...no need to get arsey...was just passing on some info about the new film and stupid facts which i thought would be interesting...

MM, xx
You missed out number 10:
DM are a minor band with an exaggerated view of their own self-importance.........
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously have no taste in music !

Its like The Smiths/Morrissey................'Its Boring' !

What an absolute crock, they are legends and will go down in history as legends, even more influential than McCartney and co !

Listen to the lyrics people, take a minute out and listen to what Mozza is singing, there is no better lyracist than Mr SP Morrissey
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
You obviously have no taste in music !

Its like The Smiths/Morrissey................'Its Boring' !

What an absolute crock, they are legends and will go down in history as legends, even more influential than McCartney and co !

Listen to the lyrics people, take a minute out and listen to what Mozza is singing, there is no better lyracist than Mr SP Morrissey
ohhh...mozza is THE best...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
but is it his voice you are referring to MM
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but is it his voice you are referring to MM
the whole package for sure...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
this is a good piece,

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3245740.ece
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
oh cool, thanks...the stress of meeting mozza, eh...would i give up my bacon buttie for him, yeah, i think i would...!!

the article has also reminded me of a cracking song, i'll post now >>>>>

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
wasn't getting arsey petal, more a doh! moment if anything, you built my hopes up that we might see some proper music instead of knackers like "Queen".

I got offered a Queen ticket but unfortunately I'd already arranged to shave my testicles with a blunt razor, dip them in vinegar, smother them in treacle and teabag an angry wasps nest that night
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wasn't getting arsey petal, more a doh! moment if anything, you built my hopes up that we might see some proper music instead of knackers like "Queen".
hahahaha, i clearly got confused by the ...

MM, xx
Old Oct 17th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

hahahaha, i clearly got confused by the ...

MM, xx
aye, should've used
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:23 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I got offered a Queen ticket but unfortunately I'd already arranged to shave my testicles with a blunt razor, dip them in vinegar, smother them in treacle and teabag an angry wasps nest that night
I am going to see Queen, I can't wait
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:32 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am going to see Queen, I can't wait
I thought he was dead??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.