British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   dentist (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dentist-780762/)

winter Dec 16th 2012 3:25 pm

dentist

can anyone recommend a dentist, that's not going cost me the earth, thanks :(

Equestra Dec 16th 2012 4:13 pm

Re: dentist

Originally Posted by winter (Post 10436362)
can anyone recommend a dentist, that's not going cost me the earth, thanks :(

Depends on what you consider as 'cost the earth' prices? Cheap dentists don't exist. Well maybe they do but I wouldn't want a cheap dentist poking around my oral parts.

I found the guys at London Dubai Dental clinic very good, prices are not over the top and about what I'd expect to pay for quality treatment.

I've had some serious work done (8 appoints) which is entirely my own fault for not going to the dentist for 10 yrs previous!

Good luck.

winter Dec 16th 2012 4:21 pm

[QUOTE=Equestra;10436417]Depends on what you consider as 'cost the earth' prices? Cheap dentists don't exist. Well maybe they do but I wouldn't want a cheap dentist poking around my oral parts.

I found the guys at London Dubai Dental clinic very good, prices are not over the top and about what I'd expect to pay for quality treatment.

Where are London Dubai clinic?

norsk Dec 16th 2012 4:56 pm

[QUOTE=winter;10436433]

Originally Posted by Equestra (Post 10436417)
Depends on what you consider as 'cost the earth' prices? Cheap dentists don't exist. Well maybe they do but I wouldn't want a cheap dentist poking around my oral parts.

Where are London Dubai clinic?

Jumeirah Beach Road (close to JBH). They may have other branches as well, but this is the main one (I think).

Equestra Dec 17th 2012 1:18 am

[QUOTE=norsk;10436472]

Originally Posted by winter (Post 10436433)

Jumeirah Beach Road (close to JBH). They may have other branches as well, but this is the main one (I think).

The main Dr's clinic is on Jumeirah Rd, the dentists are on Al Wasl Rd....location map is on their web site.

mentalist Dec 17th 2012 4:45 am

We pay Dhs50 for a check-up and Dhs150 for a filling. Been there several times, but nobody on here will want to go there as it's in Karama.:eek:

Ditzy Dec 17th 2012 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mentalist (Post 10437075)
We pay Dhs50 for a check-up and Dhs150 for a filling. Been there several times, but nobody on here will want to go there as it's in Karama.:eek:

I would bet my life savings you are talking about Dr Madhu - great isn't he!

:thumbsup:

Geordiedentist Dec 17th 2012 10:33 am

You could always come and see me if you fancy a trip to mirdif

Meow Dec 17th 2012 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Geordiedentist (Post 10437524)
You could always come and see me if you fancy a trip to mirdif

Hello! You made it out here then? Give us an update :)

Geordiedentist Dec 17th 2012 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10437539)
Hello! You made it out here then? Give us an update :)

Working with Drs Nicolas and Asp in Uptwon Mirdif. Live a stones throw away and family now over with visas in process. Been here since October. That's pretty much it. Now the real work starts of getting everyone settled etc and don't get me started about ****ing Etisalat!

Blue Cat Dec 17th 2012 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Geordiedentist (Post 10437543)
Working with Drs Nicolas and Asp in Uptwon Mirdif. Live a stones throw away and family now over with visas in process. Been here since October. That's pretty much it. Now the real work starts of getting everyone settled etc and don't get me started about ****ing Etisalat!

they still not sorted your net connection out then?

Geordiedentist Dec 17th 2012 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10437555)
they still not sorted your net connection out then?

No. "Infrastructure issues". Had an update today that there is some more cabling to the villa to do which is bullshit as I watched them do it the other day. Tv will be cancelled now as have had to get satellite in before kids killed each other. Their loss but really need Internet connection at home for a number of reasons. Annoying as they just lie instead of being upfront

Blue Cat Dec 17th 2012 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Geordiedentist (Post 10437558)
No. "Infrastructure issues". Had an update today that there is some more cabling to the villa to do which is bullshit as I watched them do it the other day. Tv will be cancelled now as have had to get satellite in before kids killed each other. Their loss but really need Internet connection at home for a number of reasons. Annoying as they just lie instead of being upfront

is it a new property?

Geordiedentist Dec 17th 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10437560)
is it a new property?

No not sure how old though

Blue Cat Dec 17th 2012 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Geordiedentist (Post 10437566)
No not sure how old though

sometimes if the previous tenant hasn't paid their bill they won't reconnect, ask them if that is the issue. Happened to a friend of mine and took a month to get her connection sorted out. I have a good relationship with whoever is running their twitter account and rarely have too many issues with Etisalat.