Reload this Page >

Defence of Islam and Locals

Defence of Islam and Locals

Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:51 pm
Banned

Toast Patterson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Defence of Islam and Locals

Originally Posted by SDDep
Seriously? I know you arent comparing deaths from natural causes, accidents, homicide etc etc...to 9/11..

A huge over reaction...maybe...but what would you have done? sat down and had a chit chat with Osama over a nice cup of herbal tea?

Would it have gone somthing like this..."so Mr Bin Laden, what can we do as Westerners to ensure you don't kill 3000 more of us in one fell swoop, because it is our fault after all"..

Come on now...no more silly comparisons.

All we need to do is stop controlling the wealth, resources and politics of weaker countries, and stop supporting the terrorist state of Israel- and "terrorism" (as if it's a big problem here anyway) will end overnight...

It's our empire

Old Jul 31st 2010, 4:59 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toast Patterson
All we need to do is stop controlling the wealth, resources and politics of weaker countries, and stop supporting the terrorist state of Israel- and "terrorism" (as if it's a big problem here anyway) will end overnight...

It's our empire
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LqT6E0rXF9g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgyL-1ZSdGo
Who is we?

I'm not rising to the rest of it..but just so I'm clear, if "we" stop supporting Israel...terrorism will end?

Go read a history book..
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:11 pm
Banned

I'm not rising to the rest of it..but just so I'm clear, if "we" stop supporting Israel...terrorism will end?
Don't take my word on it, take Bin Ladin's- he put out a bunch of videos explaining why he did it and everyone of them sites our blind support of Israel as the main reason...We should have never created Israel, but if we had to we should have put it out on a island somewhere, not right there.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:18 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take my word on it, take Bin Ladin's- he put out a bunch of videos explaining why he did it and everyone of them sites our blind support of Israel as the main reason...We should have never created Israel, but if we had to we should have put it out on a island somewhere, not right there.
I wouldnt take that murdering little feckers word on anything..i will leave that to you..

So...we do what he wants...is that your suggestion?

Who or what comes next?

I can think of all sorts of countries that should be floated out into the middle if the ocean...

"We" didn't create Israel...The people of Israel did...and not all Israelis are Jewish...just to be clear..
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:19 pm
Banned

So...we do what he wants...is that your suggestion?
Only if doing what he wants is the right thing to do anyway
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:21 pm
Banned

"We" didn't create Israel...The people of Israel did...and not all Israelis are Jewish...just to be clear..
Ah...Im gonna have to respectfully disagree with you here.

Now be quiet
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:24 pm
Not around much..

Only if doing what he wants is the right thing to do anyway
I think your being a bit of a troll to be honest...

Its all about personal opinions...and thats fine...but you lining up with a mass murdering terrorist is a bit daft dont you think..

I am also aware that "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"..

But it would be quite a stretch to call Bin Laden a freedom fighter...
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:26 pm
Not around much..

Ah...Im gonna have to respectfully disagree with you here.

Now be quiet
Disagree all you want...and im well aware Wiki isnt the be all and end all...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:29 pm
Banned

Its all about personal opinions...and thats fine...but you lining up with a mass murdering terrorist is a bit daft dont you think..

I am also aware that "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"..

But it would be quite a stretch to call Bin Laden a freedom fighter...
I'm not lining up with him, but you gotta empathize with your enemy, wether it's the car salesman trying to sell you a car or Osama Bin Ladin..

I was one of many investors in this documentary BTW
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:43 pm
Not around much..

I'm not lining up with him, but you gotta empathize with your enemy, wether it's the car salesman trying to sell you a car or Osama Bin Ladin..

I was one of many investors in this documentary BTW
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OAl6MBWnMnw

Is a car salesman your enemy...? opponent maybe..

Your being a bit daft with your comparisons here..
Old Jul 31st 2010, 6:20 pm
IOGM

Spikus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shiva
There seems to be a lot of posters (mostly newish) who are keen to jump to the defence and counter attack what they percieve as the unjust attacks on islam and locals/arabs on the bored these days.

out of interest how many of you jumping to the defence are NOT muslim or arab and have been in the region longer than 3 years?

I'm discounting muslims becasue you will obviously jump to defend you fantasy belief system, arabs becasue its a cultural defence and newbies because you havent yet passed any honeymoon period.

I actually am curious as to how many people can be non religious, non arab and manage to maintain either a neutral or positive view towards islam and the locals/culture?

i've been here on and off since the 70's and personally feel the a)islam has in general become a less tolerant and more extreme religion in the region over that time and b) that the locals have most definitely changed with the younger two generations mostly being shits.

I will add a caveat that if you go into the rural areas the above issues disappear almost as if you are reverting in time....curious

Have you ever asked yourself why? Western aggression and arrogance in the ME dates back to the crusades (probably earlier but I am no history buff) and continues to this day. We may judge ourselves by our intent, however, others judge us by our actions.... and we have nothing to be proud of there. Note, although moving to AD now I have lived and worked in several ME countries over the years.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

It's our empire
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LqT6E0rXF9g
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NgyL-1ZSdGo
oh no George Galloway....
endign support for israel would take the wind out of terrorists' sails, but not stop them.

They would find other ways and reasons to spread ignorance and brutality all over the world.

They would have to find another evil enemy in order to keep the masses under the yoke of a totalitarian martial-law state.

Millions (OK maybe just a few thousand) will wonder why the infidels need to be conquered, rather than reasoned with and convinced. These voices will be silenced.

I've never been accused of being an optimist.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:19 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Arabs did a fairly good job nearly conquering Europe....

Islam had European territories under its control far longer than the Crusaders ever managed, who were completely and utterly defeated at the end of the day. The Turks were at the gates of Vienna in the late 17th century. Istanbul has been an Islamic city for five hundred years. It was a Christian city for a thousand years before that. Berber pirates from North Africa terrorised European sea traders in the Mediterranean into the early 19th century.

History isn't one-sided here.

Originally Posted by Spikus
Have you ever asked yourself why? Western aggression and arrogance in the ME dates back to the crusades (probably earlier but I am no history buff) and continues to this day. We may judge ourselves by our intent, however, others judge us by our actions.... and we have nothing to be proud of there. Note, although moving to AD now I have lived and worked in several ME countries over the years.

Last edited by Ethos83; Jul 31st 2010 at 7:26 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:28 pm
IOGM

Spikus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ethos83
The Arabs did a fairly good job nearly conquering Europe....

Islam had European territories under its control far longer than the Crusaders ever managed, who were completely and utterly defeated at the end of the day. The Turks were at the gates of Vienna in the late 17th century. Istanbul has been an Islamic city for five hundred years. It was a Christian city for a thousand years before that. Berber pirates from North Africa terrorised European sea traders in the Mediterranean into the early 19th century.

History isn't one-sided here.
Couldn't agree more.... so what do we do now...... tolerance or scorn?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Agree with you wholeheartedly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.