Deep Purple

Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deep Purple

Bloody typical. Ian Gillan, Roger Glover and Ian Paice of the original Deep Purple lineup are playing in Dubai on 21st February 2013 on the same night as the Stone Roses gig. I know which one I will be attending.
Old Nov 24th 2012, 4:28 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deep Purple

Originally Posted by mentalist
Bloody typical. Ian Gillan, Roger Glover and Ian Paice of the original Deep Purple lineup are playing in Dubai on 21st February 2013 on the same night as the Stone Roses gig. I know which one I will be attending.
Deep purple for me
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Both bands will be furious when they find out - doesn't anyone in Dubai realise that the schedules for events like these should be coordinated?
Old Nov 24th 2012, 5:56 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Both bands will be furious when they find out - doesn't anyone in Dubai realise that the schedules for events like these should be coordinated?
Hmmm - as a punter I'd agree. However as a promoter what would you do?

One has a long standing "festival" that the dates will be known - the other is the biggest event promoter in Dubai that has the chance for one of the hottest reunion band tours in years and has probably been chasing them for months and they get offered one date as the band are probably on a tour schedule...

Done Events were probably not offered alternative dates or even if they were they may well have still viewed the dates as the best commercially even against the festival...

Anyway - I've seen Deep Purple at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2000 so I'll be going baggy that night...
Old Nov 24th 2012, 6:37 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Purple every time for me

Loz x
Old Nov 25th 2012, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

One has a long standing "festival" that the dates will be known - the other is the biggest event promoter in Dubai that has the chance for one of the hottest reunion band tours in years and has probably been chasing them for months and they get offered one date as the band are probably on a tour schedule...

Done Events were probably not offered alternative dates or even if they were they may well have still viewed the dates as the best commercially even against the festival...

Anyway - I've seen Deep Purple at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2000 so I'll be going baggy that night...
You all went down to Montreux??? On the Lake Geneva shoreline???

There is always a lot of date-shuffling when tours are being put together - more likely, each promoter arrogantly thought the 'other' event (even assuming they knew) was a lesser event than their own.............
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

As Ian Paice, Ian Gillan and Roger Glover will be 64yo, 67yo and 68yo respectively in February 2013, I sincerely doubt that they will be able to reproduce anything like their previous heavy rock sound, but you never know.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

I heard Done Events on the radio, they were offered the one date and grabbed it.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:08 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

As Ian Paice, Ian Gillan and Roger Glover will be 64yo, 67yo and 68yo respectively in February 2013, I sincerely doubt that they will be able to reproduce anything like their previous heavy rock sound, but you never know.
And will they be able to out-perform their aural doppelgängers at the Marines Bar? They were stonking on Thursday night.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And will they be able to out-perform their aural doppelgängers at the Marines Bar? They were stonking on Thursday night.
Do you mean the Filipina band? Is that crazy female guitarist with the umpteen tattoos still playing?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean the Filipina band? Is that crazy female guitarist with the umpteen tattoos still playing?
Oh yes, and yes! I sincerely doubt that Deep Purple will generate the same buzz, although being within touching distance of the lead singers does help
Old Nov 25th 2012, 8:51 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Deep Purple? Aren't they all dead?
Old Nov 26th 2012, 2:00 am
Just Joined

John ML is an unknown quantity at this point

You won't notice when they wheel them on.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Rock legends never die...........
Old Nov 26th 2012, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Please read post 7. They are not as dead as Newcastle Utd FC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.