deconstruction

Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all
Default deconstruction

I am watching the deconstruction of the met hotel, its like taking lego down, I don't understand, why don't they take a big ball to it, or dynamite, any engineers help me out here
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: deconstruction

Originally Posted by winter
I am watching the deconstruction of the met hotel, its like taking lego down, I don't understand, why don't they take a big ball to it, or dynamite, any engineers help me out here
Too much mess.

Maybe trying to recycle some of the materials....wait....no, that can't be right.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

It's in deference to the fond memories of its patrons: it took a lot of effort to erect it, so let it come down gracefully.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:45 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

If its built out of pre-cast concrete panels, its the easiest way to take it down. Wall by wall, floor by floor.
The concrete is usually recycled by crushing it and using it for roads, the steel is recycled also.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

So the demolitiomn is definitely going ahead, then. Just glad that I didn't accept the offer of the Xmas Dinner and Overnight Accommodation package for only Dhs1,000 per head being offered by some guy in a local pub recently.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

At least the pool is still open.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

Well at least this way, it is a reasonably quiet demolition.
Old Apr 5th 2012, 12:54 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
So the demolitiomn is definitely going ahead, then. Just glad that I didn't accept the offer of the Xmas Dinner and Overnight Accommodation package for only Dhs1,000 per head being offered by some guy in a local pub recently.
you would have snapped it up at 250 though, you slag
Old Apr 5th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

When I was growing up in AD, used to watch buildings being demolished. Only 1 instance I can recall of explosive demolition, it was the Tourist Club neighbourhood, building was was 7ish stories high and had some sort of flexible/cloth like shrouding draped around it, no doubt to contain the dust and debris as much as possible.

All other demolitions was with a wrecking ball / plus sign shaped concrete wrecking weight. It was such a tedious pracrice that I thought the guy operating the crane must being going nuts with the repetetive nature of the work....lift drop...lift drop...lift drop....ad-nauseum. 'Course there is some thinking involved in figuring where to drop , but still soo mind numbingly boring work.

Last edited by Boomhauer; Apr 5th 2012 at 1:36 pm.