Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Decent Steak Restaurant

Decent Steak Restaurant

Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:04 am
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold
Default Decent Steak Restaurant

Its Mr Moto's birthday early next week and I would like to take him out for a surprise meal tomorrow night. He really likes his steaks and I would like to take him somewhere he hasn't been before (his favourites are Rib Room & Meat CO).

Any suggestions???? (budget not an issue even though he keeps telling me I spend too much money)
Old Jul 31st 2009, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Decent Steak Restaurant

I like the Grand Grill at the Habtoor Grand BUT last week i went to SeaFire at Atlantis & the steak was lovely !!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:08 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
Its Mr Moto's birthday early next week and I would like to take him out for a surprise meal tomorrow night. He really likes his steaks and I would like to take him somewhere he hasn't been before (his favourites are Rib Room & Meat CO).

Any suggestions???? (budget not an issue even though he keeps telling me I spend too much money)
Not been for a while, but Manhattan Grill at Grand Hyatt was amazing. 12oz Kobe Fillet was 490dhs 3 years ago.. the most amazing meat I have ever eaten...
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pauldxb
I like the Grand Grill at the Habtoor Grand BUT last week i went to SeaFire at Atlantis & the steak was lovely !!!!!
Yep agree...i'm a big fan of the grand Grill.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Not been for a while, but Manhattan Grill at Grand Hyatt was amazing. 12oz Kobe Fillet was 490dhs 3 years ago.. the most amazing meat I have ever eaten...
That's the jungle one right?

Moto: You can try Rodeo Grill in the Al Bustan Rotana, I quite like that one. Although honestly the one in Beach Rotana (abedabs) is a even better. You could try Exchange Grill, been there last April and it was very good.

Last edited by Euc-; Jul 31st 2009 at 10:19 am.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

at the Madinat MJ's and Jambase both do very good steaks.

At jambase you get nice live (not too loud) music whilst you eat and then can party the night away afterwards.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:07 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

JW Marriott Steak House is our favourite.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:14 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

We were at MJ's last night and the Chateaubriand was superb. CB for four with two bottles 1200 dhms with the Visa Card discount. Great food and very reasonable value
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
this one or Prime Rib at Le Royal Meridien
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Timmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to allTimmy Molloy - London Boy is a name known to all

Are the steaks at Butchers Grill any good? 75Dhs for a sirlion looks good...
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy
Are the steaks at Butchers Grill any good? 75Dhs for a sirlion looks good...
yeah they are pretty good, only problem there is that there is no vino
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:33 pm
???

moto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to beholdmoto111 is a splendid one to behold

thanks for all your suggestions, I like the sound of MJs - whereabouts in the madinat is it????
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

I second the others on here who said MJ's. I've been there several times and it's excellent. The fillet is particularly good - like slicing through butter!

Plus as somebody mentioned it's up to 30% off at the moment with a Visa card.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all your suggestions, I like the sound of MJs - whereabouts in the madinat is it????
Take a taxi to Al Qasr, which is the hotel connected to the Madinat.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 1:44 pm
???

thanks EE - table booked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.