Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Decent Inglish/Indian curry house take out ----- at last

Decent Inglish/Indian curry house take out ----- at last

Old Apr 4th 2015, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Decent Inglish/Indian curry house take out ----- at last

OK so the food snobs out there will no doubt turn their collective noses and faces in disgust at the following but for die hard lovers of English curry; it may be just what you have been waiting for

So first off, if you like Indian, Indian currys read no further

Now if still reading then you like me, crave for those wonderful flavours that only come from an English curry house - flavours often enhanced by the gut full of Stella consumed before chucking out time and the sense that not only are you the most handsome man in Macc but also that you can devour the hottest curry in the world with ease
And for me, until this evening, I have been disappointed with Dubai's offerings of English style curry. Hinting towards but never reaching

However a flyer was hung off my front door on Thursday that tonight we acted on and Lord almighty am I glad that I didn't hoof the flyer. The smell, consistency, flavours, oil floating on sauce etc etc, it was like being back in Engerland living the real curry dream

No idea if the following is considered advertising but google 7 Spice London. No need to have a menu, just order what you would in an English curry house. Not the cheapest by any means but not extortionate either

Awesome, just awesome so thought I would share the love. Heat level is below the average English curry house so may need to ask for extra heat if you believe you are the most hardest man in Macc
Old Apr 4th 2015, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decent Inglish/Indian curry house take out ----- at last

British Indian or Indian Indian, one way or another make sure you book some time in your loo afterwards.

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
OK so the food snobs out there will no doubt turn their collective noses and faces in disgust at the following but for die hard lovers of English curry; it may be just what you have been waiting for

Now if still reading then you like me, crave for those wonderful flavours that only come from an English curry house - flavours often enhanced by the gut full of Stella consumed before chucking out time and the sense that not only are you the most handsome man in Macc but also that you can devour the hottest curry in the world with ease
And for me, until this evening, I have been disappointed with Dubai's offerings of English style curry. Hinting towards but never reaching

However a flyer was hung off my front door on Thursday that tonight we acted on and Lord almighty am I glad that I didn't hoof the flyer. The smell, consistency, flavours, oil floating on sauce etc etc, it was like being back in Engerland living the real curry dream

No idea if the following is considered advertising but google 7 Spice London. No need to have a menu, just order what you would in an English curry house. Not the cheapest by any means but not extortionate either

Awesome, just awesome so thought I would share the love. Heat level is below the average English curry house so may need to ask for extra heat if you believe you are the most hardest man in Macc
Old Apr 5th 2015, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

do they do a proper thick dansak?
Old Apr 5th 2015, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No idea mate, we had a bhuna and a balti. Balti was a bit short on large veggie pieces but sauce was thick and bang on. Dropped a trouser size after this mornings clear out. Just like it should.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

No idea mate, we had a bhuna and a balti. Balti was a bit short on large veggie pieces but sauce was thick and bang on. Dropped a trouser size after this mornings clear out. Just like it should.
I had Curry Box last night, it's pretty good but the let down is always the lack of mango chutney supplied AND the naan isn't thick enough.

7 Spice will be getting a chance.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I suspect you might enjoy then scamp. Nan was thick and rubbery with garlic juice running down your arm as you tear it. I rated it well above curry box.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I suspect you might enjoy then scamp. Nan was thick and rubbery with garlic juice running down your arm as you tear it. I rated it well above curry box.
I will give it a go mate and report back.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

menu here.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
7SpiceLondononline.pdf (494.1 KB, 173 views)
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the title of this thread and couldn't resist.

Apologies the link seems to be messed up by another link. Tried again but still messed. Look on YouTube itself. (Hilarious).

Last edited by Bipat; Apr 5th 2015 at 8:38 am.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 9:02 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I no longer bother with Brindian curries but a decent dhansak is the only thing I miss. Hungry Tiger have managed a decent one a couple of times but it's variable and only really good if Mr Ali himself is there.

For non-Brindian food I highly recommend Biryani Pot, on Jumeirah Beach Road, Umm Suqueim 1. Real dum biryanis (cooked with bread lid) in clay pots with so much flavour. Never had a bad dish and great delivery service too.

Last edited by Meow; Apr 5th 2015 at 9:11 am. Reason: crap typing
Old Apr 5th 2015, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I no longer bother with Brindian curries but a decent dhansak is the only thing I miss. Hungry Tiger have managed a decent one a couple of times but it's variable and only really good if Mr Ali himself is there.

For non-Brindian food I highly recommend Biryani Pot, on Jumeirah Beach Road, Umm Suqueim 1. Real dum biryanis (cooked with bread lid) in clay pots with so much flavour. Never had a bad dish and great delivery service too.
I only eat them in the UK.

I think Hungry Tiger is up for sale.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 10:23 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I only eat them in the UK.

I think Hungry Tiger is up for sale.
Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Me and my missus love their food - especially the Prawn Puree on Bhuna, no one else does it :-( Oh, and their Onion Bharjis are pretty awesome as well.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

a decent British Chinese would be useful too!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Phoned 7 Spice the other day and got told the minimum order is 250dhs to deliver to Downtown Jebel Ali

Suppose we'll have to wait til our mates come over one night to make it worth it.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Curry update...

Eventually ordered from 7 Spice when I got told the minimum order was 100dhs not 250dhs.

The bloke there said delivery would be up to 1 hour (was slightly worried after reading some comments on FB). It came in 50 minutes

Onion bhajis were old school ie. as big as cricket balls! Hubby wasn't keen but I love em like that. Chicken tikka dopiaza, chicken dhansak and pilau rice were all lovely.

Poppadoms looked and tasted like they'd been in the microwave, shame. Lots of free pickle and raita though.

It wasn't cheap but the portions were huge so did us for tea again the night after. Will definitely be ordering from them again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.