Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

Wikiposts

The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:21 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
I must admit though, I have seen an improvement over the past couple of years in the number of cars that (stupidly) put their hazard lights on when it's foggy.

When I was first here I remember the first time I drove in the fog, and there were flashing lights everywhere, it was very pretty but absolutely ridiculous.
they do it in the rain though. Eh?
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:21 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
1) I am not saying I am any better, he obviusly just wasn't taught how to drive properly (I've seen the indian driving test on top gear, they just have to drive about 50m to pass!)well now theres a source of wisdom

2) If he was a Brit I would have been even more abusive as Brits are taught to drive properly and should know better!and yet apparently you dont....driving like a boy racer cock

3) I am sick to death of explaining things nicely over and over again, plus I was really angry as this hazard light business is just inexcusable and causes 300 car pile ups! perhaps its your method of explanation which is at fault

4) When people make mistakes, your policemen shout at people and shout 'Your Wrong' and don't give you a chance to talk, so maybe they should set the example, children who don't get smacked normally turn out to be Gay or wimps, he needed a good telling off in my opinion.no they dont unless you are in fact in the wrong, have had dealings with the police at rta's here and they have ALWAYS been very polite, friendly and helpful. GAY or WIMPS.........**** me just how out of kilter is your brain

5) Nothing wrong with the headshake thing, I like it! It makes me smile and laugh like a child.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6) I have considered this, I think emailing the RTA will not work, I think the idea of traffic officers like in the UK (fake police who patrol and keep our roads safe) is a god idea. Also educating drivers more and maybe instead of your electronic road signs stating the obvious "dense fog" they should tell driver "Do not use hazard lights in fog"?ah more wisdom from the bison school of motoring, please do tell us more oh wise and beificent one

Bison

PAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:25 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
1) I am not saying I am any better, he obviusly just wasn't taught how to drive properly (I've seen the indian driving test on top gear, they just have to drive about 50m to pass!)

2) If he was a Brit I would have been even more abusive as Brits are taught to drive properly and should know better!

3) I am sick to death of explaining things nicely over and over again, plus I was really angry as this hazard light business is just inexcusable and causes 300 car pile ups!

4) When people make mistakes, your policemen shout at people and shout 'Your Wrong' and don't give you a chance to talk, so maybe they should set the example, children who don't get smacked normally turn out to be Gay or wimps, he needed a good telling off in my opinion.

5) Nothing wrong with the headshake thing, I like it! It makes me smile and laugh like a child.

6) I have considered this, I think emailing the RTA will not work, I think the idea of traffic officers like in the UK (fake police who patrol and keep our roads safe) is a god idea. Also educating drivers more and maybe instead of your electronic road signs stating the obvious "dense fog" they should tell driver "Do not use hazard lights in fog"?

Bison

1) because he wasn't tought you should not be abusing him so let me see can you abuse the one who is responsible for that?

2) if he has been a brit i am so sure that you was gona smile at him and consider that maybe it is an intended mistake.... otherwise i really wish to see you trying to abuse someone like DaWorriar.

3) in point 1 you said they have not been tought ..which means this mistake is no (inexcusable) as you said .... look at your Contradiction.

4) i have seen a very polite policemen dubai that i can say they are more polite than policemen in AD. however there are always exceptions but lets assume there are some number of policement who are not behaving the way they should with public, why do you have to be like them? and why don't you report that to high rank officors ? and call it (points of improvements) rather than (complains)

5) so you like his way of shaking head and in return you abused him to make him have a crapy day?

6) if you continus thinking of ideas you will come up with some good ones rather than your behavior.

7) it is nice to read some usefull books about how to rasie kids rather than counting on your own experinces.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
they do it in the rain though. Eh?
Yep - and when pulling an enormous boat so you can only see one of the lights and it looks like they're indicating (not that they would be of course).

I particularly like it when they are taking a phone call and put them on because they're driving really slowly and not concentrating. It seems to act as some sort of invincibility cloak, or at least they think it does!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Beardman - I'm with you on this one.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Yep - and when pulling an enormous boat so you can only see one of the lights and it looks like they're indicating (not that they would be of course).

I particularly like it when they are taking a phone call and put them on because they're driving really slowly and not concentrating. It seems to act as some sort of invincibility cloak, or at least they think it does!
I fancy a monster truck, and basically when they are on the phone I could just drive right over them, would be brilliant.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:29 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Beard Man
1) because he wasn't tought you should not be abusing him so let me see can you abuse the one who is responsible for that?

2) if he has been a brit i am so sure that you was gona smile at him and consider that maybe it is an intended mistake.... otherwise i really wish to see you trying to abuse someone like DaWorriar.

3) in point 1 you said they have not been tought ..which means this mistake is no (inexcusable) as you said .... look at your Contradiction.

4) i have seen a very polite policemen dubai that i can say they are more polite than policemen in AD. however there are always exceptions but lets assume there are some number of policement who are not behaving the way they should with public, why do you have to be like them? and why don't you report that to high rank officors ? and call it (points of improvements) rather than (complains)

5) so you like his way of shaking head and in return you abused him to make him have a crapy day?

6) if you continus thinking of ideas you will come up with some good ones rather than your behavior.

7) it is nice to read some usefull books about how to rasie kids rather than counting on your own experinces.
you speak wisdom today Beardman.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:30 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

don;t the indians have to pass their test again when they come here though?

any one who attend a test need to pass it. but who ever is putting the test is responsible for the quality of the people who pass. i know it is a mistake from the police department.

they should make sure that who ever pass deserves that.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:34 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Some people smack their kids, some don't..... personal choice. But growing up if I did something wrong I would get belted for it. I wouldn't do it again.

I understand their are people who don't agree with it, fine your choice, it's just my opinion.

I've done my advanced driving and I've done lots of motorsport, I have been complimented on my driving skills on more than one occasion by British driver of the year John Gough, who has also been an advanced driving instructor for more than 30 years, so your comments about my driving are worthless.

Until you have seen me driving or sat in the passenger seat of my car, don't judge.

Bison
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:35 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Beard Man
any one who attend a test need to pass it. but who ever is putting the test is responsible for the quality of the people who pass. i know it is a mistake from the police department.

they should make sure that who ever pass deserves that.
"A wise man changes his mind, a fool never”
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Beardman - I'm with you on this one.

we are all humans and we should treat each other in respectable way...

we shouldn't treat others in a way that we will not like

thanks mate
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:38 pm
Banned

you speak wisdom today Beardman.

isn't that what i have been always doing

thanks mate
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:44 pm
Banned

"A wise man changes his mind, a fool never”

if you are speaking about the drivers who get to pass the test without deserving that .... their need to feed themselfs and their family by working is more than paying attention to rules and what's right or wrong .. but generally speaking ... their mistakes can be corrected.

but if you are speaking about the people who allow this to happen !! well .. their endless greed for money is gone far in many other and worse occasions.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Some people smack their kids, some don't..... personal choice. But growing up if I did something wrong I would get belted for it. I wouldn't do it again.
And because of that you've grown up to be neither gay nor a wimp - right? Whereas if your parents hadn't smacked you it would have completely changed your sexuality????

I've smacked my kids on the odd occasion, that's not my problem, it's what you say will happen to kids that aren't smacked that has got my blood pressure up....:curse:
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Bison you've really overstepped the mark here. I hope hope hope you are not a parent and never will be.
Kids should be smacked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.