Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:02 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

FOOOOOGGGGGGGGYYYYYY

How nice was your drive to work?

I was listening on the radio 2 and the DJ was like, guys turn your lights on and reading out lots of messages from drivers who had spotted other drivers with no lights on.

But really, think about it most of those drivers who don't have their lights on won't be listening to Radio 2, they would probably be listening to like Al Jazeera FM or Potangilor FM or something like that.

A police car even drove past with no lights on and his hazards flashing, so if the police can't get it right, I guess there is no hope as they should be setting the example.

Bison
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:14 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Day The Skyscraper Dissapeared

Originally Posted by Bison
FOOOOOGGGGGGGGYYYYYY

How nice was your drive to work?

I was listening on the radio 2 and the DJ was like, guys turn your lights on and reading out lots of messages from drivers who had spotted other drivers with no lights on.

But really, think about it most of those drivers who don't have their lights on won't be listening to Radio 2, they would probably be listening to like Al Jazeera FM or Potangilor FM or something like that.

A police car even drove past with no lights on and his hazards flashing, so if the police can't get it right, I guess there is no hope as they should be setting the example.

Bison
what gets me is, as soon as there's fog or rain, LOADS of drivers drive with their hazards, like, on constantly.

Idiots.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:26 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

what gets me is, as soon as there's fog or rain, LOADS of drivers drive with their hazards, like, on constantly.

Idiots.
There was an Idian fellow at the traffic lights in the Marina with his hazards on this morning, I pulled up next to him, did the old Wayne's World wind down your window signal and verbally abused him about it for 2 mins. He eventually turned them off and gave me the headshake, he looked like the Churchill nodding dog.

F'kin retards, it really p*sses me off!

Bison
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

this is what happened last year when it was foggy. If its foggy then avoid SZR if you can

Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:33 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

There was an Idian fellow at the traffic lights in the Marina with his hazards on this morning, I pulled up next to him, did the old Wayne's World wind down your window signal and verbally abused him about it for 2 mins. He eventually turned them off and gave me the headshake, he looked like the Churchill nodding dog.

Bison
How do you know he wasn't Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan? According to RTA data, its our friends from Pakistan who cause the most fatal accidents in proportion to their population...with Indians the most numerous innocent victims, again in proportion to their numbers.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:35 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Bison
aye hazards on, yet they still don't indicate.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
aye hazards on, yet they still don't indicate.
how can you indicate with your hazards on?????
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:44 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
how can you indicate with your hazards on?????
thats the point dumb dumb, they shouldn;t have their hazards on, and most of them don't indicate anyway.

I also read today some 30 year old Emirati is in critical condition after a motorbike accident, I see loads of them coming from MoE on their bikes, racing each other with no helmets on, it didn't say if he had one on or not but these lads are crackers, riding along standing up with no hands on the bars etc...
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:49 am
100% British Beef

How do you know he wasn't Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Sri Lankan? According to RTA data, its our friends from Pakistan who cause the most fatal accidents in proportion to their population...with Indians the most numerous innocent victims, again in proportion to their numbers.
Because I asked him where he was from, and the Indians are probably not innocent victims, it's probably because they don't excercise full awareness. You can't tell me it is coincidence that all these Indians just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Bison
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:55 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Bison

1) why do i feel that you are saying an indian fellow like you are any better than him as a human?

2) if he was a brit were you gona talk to him the same way?

3) what's wrong in explaining mistakes to others in a nice manner?

4) don't you think if you spoke to him nicely you was gona make him decide to change his mistake and have his face smiling rather than giving him a bad start at the day?

5) what's wrong with the head shake thingy if it is part of their culture? and why do you seems like making fun of it?

6) rather than just complaining and maybe insulting people or abusing others on the road or at trafic lights, have you ever though of doing something constructive like e-mailing the RTA about your concerns or trying to organize a civilized campaign for that purpose?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:07 am
100% British Beef

1) why do i feel that you are saying an indian fellow like you are any better than him as a human?

2) if he was a brit were you gona talk to him the same way?

3) what's wrong in explaining mistakes to others in a nice manner?

4) don't you think if you spoke to him nicely you was gona make him decide to change his mistake and have his face smiling rather than giving him a bad start at the day?

5) what's wrong with the head shake thingy if it is part of their culture? and why do you seems like making fun of it?

6) rather than just complaining and maybe insulting people or abusing others on the road or at trafic lights, have you ever though of doing something constructive like e-mailing the RTA about your concerns or trying to organize a civilized campaign for that purpose?
1) I am not saying I am any better, he obviusly just wasn't taught how to drive properly (I've seen the indian driving test on top gear, they just have to drive about 50m to pass!)

2) If he was a Brit I would have been even more abusive as Brits are taught to drive properly and should know better!

3) I am sick to death of explaining things nicely over and over again, plus I was really angry as this hazard light business is just inexcusable and causes 300 car pile ups!

4) When people make mistakes, your policemen shout at people and shout 'Your Wrong' and don't give you a chance to talk, so maybe they should set the example, children who don't get smacked normally turn out to be Gay or wimps, he needed a good telling off in my opinion.

5) Nothing wrong with the headshake thing, I like it! It makes me smile and laugh like a child.

6) I have considered this, I think emailing the RTA will not work, I think the idea of traffic officers like in the UK (fake police who patrol and keep our roads safe) is a god idea. Also educating drivers more and maybe instead of your electronic road signs stating the obvious "dense fog" they should tell driver "Do not use hazard lights in fog"?

Bison
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

children who don't get smacked normally turn out to be Gay or wimps
Bison you've really overstepped the mark here. I hope hope hope you are not a parent and never will be.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit though, I have seen an improvement over the past couple of years in the number of cars that (stupidly) put their hazard lights on when it's foggy.

When I was first here I remember the first time I drove in the fog, and there were flashing lights everywhere, it was very pretty but absolutely ridiculous.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

1) I am not saying I am any better, he obviusly just wasn't taught how to drive properly (I've seen the indian driving test on top gear, they just have to drive about 50m to pass!)

2) If he was a Brit I would have been even more abusive as Brits are taught to drive properly and should know better!

3) I am sick to death of explaining things nicely over and over again, plus I was really angry as this hazard light business is just inexcusable and causes 300 car pile ups!

4) When people make mistakes, your policemen shout at people and shout 'Your Wrong' and don't give you a chance to talk, so maybe they should set the example, children who don't get smacked normally turn out to be Gay or wimps, he needed a good telling off in my opinion.

5) Nothing wrong with the headshake thing, I like it! It makes me smile and laugh like a child.

6) I have considered this, I think emailing the RTA will not work, I think the idea of traffic officers like in the UK (fake police who patrol and keep our roads safe) is a god idea. Also educating drivers more and maybe instead of your electronic road signs stating the obvious "dense fog" they should tell driver "Do not use hazard lights in fog"?

Bison
don;t the indians have to pass their test again when they come here though?
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Bison you've really overstepped the mark here. I hope hope hope you are not a parent and never will be.
it's controversial that;s for sure...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.