British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dating Etiquette (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dating-etiquette-682129/)

Meow Aug 22nd 2010 7:26 am

Re: Dating Etiquette

Originally Posted by expat.brat (Post 8792847)
you must be so charming on dates

As if someone like you could ever get one :rolleyes:
-

Ethos83 Aug 22nd 2010 7:40 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8792197)
Just debating with a friend the etiquette of dating, especially when dating other nationals.

Couple of questions;

Should the guy always pay first date? Depends on setting. If only out for coffee or ice cream, each party pays its own way. If out for dinner, the guy pays.

What is acceptable form of affection on first date? I never like to rush. Even if there's a great vibe I don't engage in affection on the first date. A big smile and an enthusiastic suggestion for a second date is fine for me. If I really like the gal, I might touch her hand too.

Does inviting a guy back for a drink actually mean you wanna get it on or you just want to chat more? The man will always think you want sex and will be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

At what date is getting it on acceptable without making you look like a hussy? After the third date.

Also be interested how different nationalities (especially South African) see this. *raises eyebrows* South African, darling? Scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't we?

Thanks

Kitty xxx

Charismatic Aug 22nd 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8793871)
If I really like the gal, I might touch her hand too.

Well you're a sly one :sneaky:.

Bahtatboy Aug 22nd 2010 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 8793879)
Well you're a sly one :sneaky:.

Maybe he meant with his dick.

Grace O Malley Aug 22nd 2010 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8793897)
Maybe he meant with his dick.

Oh trust you Dr. Love to lower the tone....

Bahtatboy Aug 22nd 2010 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley (Post 8793918)
Oh trust you Dr. Love to lower the tone....

It's what I do best. I just thought it was an apposite counterpoint to "I never show affection on a first date". Must be a bundle of larfs on a first date--I trust he treats her chaperone with respect.

Millhouse Aug 22nd 2010 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8793946)
It's what I do best. I just thought it was an apposite counterpoint to "I never show affection on a first date". Must be a bundle of larfs on a first date--I trust he treats her chaperone with respect.

In fairness, we all know his dating experience has been limited to boys in drag. I'd be cautious if I were him too.

Charismatic Aug 22nd 2010 9:23 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8793954)
...we all know his dating experience has been limited to boys in drag.

Did he kiss you goodnight after the date? :lol:

Charismatic Aug 22nd 2010 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8793946)

Different guys have different game, who knows he might play the complete shy guy tease who girls pull through the front door by his tie when he offers a goodnight kiss. Proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say so whatever works for you as long as it's putting your best foot forwards :). I’m not hating, you gotta respect a brothers game until you see it in action fellas.

Bahtatboy Aug 22nd 2010 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 8794045)
Different guys have different game, who knows he might play the complete shy guy tease who girls pull through the front door by his tie when he offers a goodnight kiss. Proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say so whatever works for you as long as it's putting your best foot forwards :). I’m not hating, you gotta respect a brothers game until you see it in action fellas.

Fair comment, Bro'. :D

BurpusMe Aug 22nd 2010 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8794219)
Fair comment, Bro'. :D

I say "Treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen!"

kittycat1 Aug 22nd 2010 12:49 pm

Erm ok thanks guys and gals- I think...

I shall watch out for him touching me on the hand with his dick lol

Basically I have a date with a South African guy (didn't realise this was scraping the barrel), and its just been ages since I've been on a proper date (every other sort but not a proper one), I've met the guy a couple of times but don't really know anything about him and can't remember how to behave like a lady (cough cough ahem), always seem to fall into bed which my male friends then tell me off for as they say i should play a little bit harder to get, so thought I'd see what everyone else thinks, would kinda be nice to be chased for a bit (in theory). Also the guy lives in my building (I know its asking for trouble) so don't want to seem like an absolute whore if it all goes horribly wrong!

Meow Aug 22nd 2010 12:53 pm

Harry Enfield's Saffer skit... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iBeZwf1Ypc&NR=1

Grace O Malley Aug 22nd 2010 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8794364)
Also the guy lives in my building (I know its asking for trouble) so don't want to seem like an absolute whore if it all goes horribly wrong!

Lives in your building:ohmy: oh so not a good idea...

kittycat1 Aug 22nd 2010 2:01 pm

yeah i know Grace, but hes on a much higher floor!