Wikiposts

Dash for the Border

Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dash for the Border

The first time I did a Visa Run, I went into the Insurance place in the outpost and they told me that I didn't need it.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Hope this helps: http://www.maxlyth.com/?p=134
Old Oct 13th 2011, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Here in Saudi I don't have to do a border run/fly in-out. My company sorts something out and it gets extended without leaving. Don't know how they manage it but might be an option for you if you have the right employer.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:57 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I did the border run from Abu dhabi last year.

Al ain is the best best. Don't go to the border at Hili. Instead, there is a smaller border place closer to Jebel Hafeet at Mazyad. The distances between the two posts (Dubai exit and Oman entry) are quite close. I actually think you could walk it without a problem. Perhaps not in the heat of the day but its maybe a kilometre or less. My husband says much less but I'll err on the side of caution.

Once you've done the border run -took us 20 mins- then head up Jebel Hafeet and have a drink at the mad seventies style hotel on the top. The views are incredible.

We hired from prestige (not Prestige cars) at the time and they gave us a daily insurance to Oman rate of 50dhs.