British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Dance Clubs in Dubai (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/dance-clubs-dubai-595627/)

pauldxb Mar 5th 2009 2:20 pm

Dance Clubs in Dubai

What do you think of them ???? Do you ever go clubbing if so where & what do you think is missing...... sorry i mean is there a clubbing brand that you miss from back home

Spugsy Mar 5th 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Dance Clubs in Dubai

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7348195)
What do you think of them ???? Do you ever go clubbing if so where & what do you think is missing...... sorry i mean is there a clubbing brand that you miss from back home

the back room at Chi is purely house music, its small but they play some decent stuff in there,

none of them are like the UK though.

deemi786 Mar 5th 2009 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7348676)
the back room at Chi is purely house music, its small but they play some decent stuff in there,

none of them are like the UK though.

Theres a old school jungle event coming up soon ive heard with Micky Finn, Brockie, MC Dett etc coming up (or so i've heard) in Dubai, not sure when or where but id defo be there!

Spugsy Mar 6th 2009 6:20 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7349203)
Theres a old school jungle event coming up soon ive heard with Micky Finn, Brockie, MC Dett etc coming up (or so i've heard) in Dubai, not sure when or where but id defo be there!

I used to love mickey finn and aphrodite,

wonder if our residnt junglist Bison has anything to do with it?

pauldxb Mar 6th 2009 8:54 am

would you go to a gatecrasher event in Dubai ? Do you think other nationalities would have heard of this night ?

What about a BIG club classics night ?

commander Mar 6th 2009 9:53 am

Shawadywady are having an old school night

pauldxb Mar 6th 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7351005)
Shawadywady are having an old school night

not that old skool im talking classic house

Spugsy Mar 6th 2009 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7351195)
not that old skool im talking classic house

well dubai does have one important thing missing for big house nights though..I'm lucky to be awake after 1am thesedays when I go out.

pauldxb Mar 6th 2009 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7351308)
well dubai does have one important thing missing for big house nights though..I'm lucky to be awake after 1am thesedays when I go out.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously though ive never seen a classics night advertised have you

Spugsy Mar 6th 2009 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7351335)
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously though ive never seen a classics night advertised have you

no but believe it or not, after a heavy session a few months ago I got dragged to Boudoir for the one and only time, and they played an hour of classis old skool house and it was amazing, there was about 6 of us jumping around going crackers to it.

pauldxb Mar 7th 2009 2:43 am

Sounds good, there is a lot of House & RnB promotions but there is a much larger appeal to old skool / club classics. You see thats what i do..... put on large dance events, ive been looking at various venue's such as Madinat Arena, the new venue The Palladium in DMC & my friends place Chi (wont work in the summer, obviously) BUT im still unsure what genre of music or what promotions i have from the UK that would work ? As i said previously i was thinking about bringing out Gatecrasher but only the Brits would have heard of it.

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2009 3:50 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7353244)
Sounds good, there is a lot of House & RnB promotions but there is a much larger appeal to old skool / club classics. You see thats what i do..... put on large dance events, ive been looking at various venue's such as Madinat Arena, the new venue The Palladium in DMC & my friends place Chi (wont work in the summer, obviously) BUT im still unsure what genre of music or what promotions i have from the UK that would work ? As i said previously i was thinking about bringing out Gatecrasher but only the Brits would have heard of it.

and alot of them are leaving :(

pauldxb Mar 7th 2009 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7353320)
and alot of them are leaving :(

Exactly my point thats why you need to aim at all expats not just the Brits

Blue Cat Mar 7th 2009 7:21 am

Originally Posted by pauldxb (Post 7353453)
Exactly my point thats why you need to aim at all expats not just the Brits

what age group attend these 'gatecrasher' events?

pauldxb Mar 7th 2009 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7353597)
what age group attend these 'gatecrasher' events?

Now they would be aged 26-35

What about a 90's dance night ????