The Damned United

Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:55 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Damned United

Nah. We're just laughing at that song about blowing bubbles.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:59 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Nah. We're just laughing at that song about blowing bubbles.
It puts goosebumps on my arms whenever I hear it sung.....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Oh dear, a sad and bitter Leeds fan....so which teams revile West Ham....Sheff Utd...check.....and now Im struggling to think of another one

Leeds fans, reviled by every fan and on a par with Millwall fans....

The club who have that scrupulous chairman, Ken Bates at the helm.....hated by most fans
Who are stuck in their glory years of the 70's and havent a hope in hell of ever getting back into the Premiership.....
Something we do agree on !

Leeds will be back in the next decade where we belong wheras for those poor Hammers the only way is down, but then they have very little history and are not in the same 'big club league' as he Mighty Whites!

Shows just how famous we are, we hated around the world, the Leeds name is world famous whereas The Hammers???? famous for what? Fulham in the 75cup final!

If you had a quarter of our worldwide support you would be a big club!

Errrr tell me exactly, when was the last time The Hammers won the league? In fact when was the last time The Hammers won anything?

Like i said, hate us as much as you want, we really dont give a ****, envy is such a nasty trait!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:32 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

WE ARE LEEDS WE ARE LEEDS WE ARE LEEDS....

MARCHING ON TOGETHER, WE'RE GONNA SEE YOU WIN, NA NA NA NA NA, WE ARE SO PROUD, WE SHOUT IT OUT LOUD, WE LOVE YOU LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS....

Leeds are clearly the best team in the world, if you don't believe that, then you are cleary a twat......

Mark my words, Leeds are coming back and you better watch out!!!

MOT
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Very few people "hate" West Ham........ I suspect they are going to be one of those teams that survives (or even flourishes) for years in the Premiership without spending a fortune.......... good luck to them.

Leeds? Hated? Oh yes............

To be fair, Don Revie deserves a lot of credit for moulding a mediocre bunch of players into one of the best teams in Europe - something Clough did with Forest, of course.

Satire died when Allan Clarke and Mick Jones won England caps........ the memory still rankles when you think of great goalscorers who have subsequently played for Englnd (Lineker, Owen, Rooney).

Mind you, we tend to overrate the 70s, because that was the decade when we had "characters" (Bowles, Hudson, Worthington, Currie, etc), all of whom underachieved in real terms.

England were crap though, and Leeds were at least partly the reason why......
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

would hardly call Leeds a big club. they had a short period in the late 60's and early 70's when they were successful, apart from that they have been just another small club from the wrong side of the Pennines.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
You're right on every level,

and the book was indeed superb, and the Dubai based, wonderful free flowing football team, made out of over 50% BE ex-pats is just as good....
enter yourselves in the Amateur League Summer 7 a side, it will get your fitness up chasing after the bal, if nothing else..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison

MARCHING ON TOGETHER, WE'RE GONNA SEE YOU WIN, NA NA NA NA NA, WE ARE SO PROUD, WE SHOUT IT OUT LOUD, WE LOVE YOU LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS....

Leeds are clearly the best team in the world, if you don't believe that, then you are cleary a twat......

MOT
aren't you from Gloucester..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BangleMan
It puts goosebumps on my arms whenever I hear it sung.....
same for Michael Jackson..
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Clough was spot on about Revie's Leeds, horrible cynical and arrogant win at all costs attitude which sowed the seeds for the shite we see today

swept all aside in their quest for total domination.... almost

Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:55 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison

MOT
you must look a right mong, chanting that, sat on your booster seat in your souped up Volvo driving around the lanes of Gloucester....
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
Clough was spot on about Revie's Leeds, horrible cynical and arrogant win at all costs attitude which sowed the seeds for the shite we see today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...48_470x319.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...71_470x332.jpg
my old flatmate was a mackem and he had the 73 cup final on a record, he used to play it sometimes when he was pissed,

very odd.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...48_470x319.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...71_470x332.jpg
Also I used to work with a lad who's dad was in that mackem team that won the cup, apparently sunderland wouldn't sell him to arsenal and then when he complained they dropped him to the reserves and when his contract was up he couldn't move.

I think he eventually went to Blackpool, he gets invites from the club for re-union dinners and stuff and still won't go.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:00 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
Something we do agree on !

Leeds will be back in the next decade where we belong wheras for those poor Hammers the only way is down, but then they have very little history and are not in the same 'big club league' as he Mighty Whites!

Shows just how famous we are, we hated around the world, the Leeds name is world famous whereas The Hammers???? famous for what? Fulham in the 75cup final!

If you had a quarter of our worldwide support you would be a big club!

Errrr tell me exactly, when was the last time The Hammers won the league? In fact when was the last time The Hammers won anything?

Like i said, hate us as much as you want, we really dont give a ****, envy is such a nasty trait!
the next decade..... your thinking long term then I see...

the only way is down for us ? Yeah we are sitting precariously in 8th in the EPL.....looks like a slippery slope ahead alright

How can you even compare your history to ours is beyond me, no one supports Leeds outside the small town in Bradford.......we won you the World Cup, you ingrate.....Im pretty sure, everyone watching that day around the world knew who West Ham were

Worldwide support......dont make me laugh

We won the FA Cup in 2006, well if it had ended at the 90min mark we would have done........fcking hate that Steven Gerrard !
Old Mar 25th 2009, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
my old flatmate was a mackem and he had the 73 cup final on a record, he used to play it sometimes when he was pissed,

very odd.
I've got the mp3

I once had a chat with Bobby Kerr about how the 73 team were treat by the club. They've lived off it for years and don't realise that had they played for a decent team then they'd have been forgotten about years ago. He agreed to a point but argued it was all we had and it would cost Sunderland **** all to send a Lear Jet to collect every Sunderland captain that had ever lifted a trophy and bring them to the match*

*of course this sum would be considerably more than the skunk's would be

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.