Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Daily Fail gets a kicking

Daily Fail gets a kicking

Old Oct 5th 2013, 8:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Daily Fail gets a kicking

Never heard of Mehdi Hasan before but someone to watch for.

Last edited by mikewot; Oct 5th 2013 at 8:32 am.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Daily Fail gets a kicking

"Grave misjudgement" The audience missed that pun....
Old Oct 5th 2013, 6:33 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

great stuff !
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:01 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a fan of the Daily Mail at all...but as for QT, if the article below is accurate he's not someone I'd take much notice of.

http://www.thecommentator.com/articl..._very_far_left

"Did that British Question Time audience actually know anything about Mehdi Hasan? Did they know he is on record referring to non-Muslims as “cattle” and “Kaffar”, what the journalist Douglas Murray calls a bigoted slur-term? Did they know that Mr Hasan has referred to non-Muslims as animals: “Once we lose the moral high-ground we are no different from the rest, of the non-Muslims; from the rest of those human beings who live their lives as animals, bending any rule to fulfil any desire.”
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like the Mail is kicking back.

Dear Mr Dacre,

My name is Mehdi Hasan and I’m the New Statesman’s senior political editor. My good friend Peter Oborne suggested I drop you a line as I’m very keen to write for the Daily Mail.
oops!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

"I m an Oxford graduate."

Because the vast majority of journos graduated from Oxbridge. It' s a qualifying requirement.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 4:32 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ZCrDtAC7ANever heard of Mehdi Hasan before but someone to watch for.
Mehdi Hasan is a snake in the grass. A lot of people seem to think if you wear a suit, speak with an Oxbridge accent you couldn't possibly hold derogatory views about other people because their religion is different from your own.

He's also a very good practitioner of lying to make his beliefs look good - something condoned in his religion, or at least in some interpretations of it.

N.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

When I buy a British Tabloid I always buy the Daily Mail because I find it more authentic and less hypocritical than other papers. I am not suggesting that I agree with everything it publishes but there are, however, many things I do agree with. For example, it always beats the drums about Muslims can not integrate into the western societies, an idea which I believe in. Islamic values and the western values are like water and oil in a cup, they can never mix no matter how much you try to shake it and stir it. Let me give you an example. The prophet of Islam said this about alcohol: “cursed be the one who drinks it, carries it, sells it, or sits in a place where it is consumed”. So if a Muslim is not allowed to sit in a place where alcohol is consumed, how on earth can he integrate and socialize in the west where pubs are the traditional places of socialization!!!

That’s why I am of the idea that Muslims should not integrate but just be like the westerners who live in the Arab lands; live in peace and do your jobs properly and always believe that your values are special and better.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Mehdi Hasan is a snake in the grass. A lot of people seem to think if you wear a suit, speak with an Oxbridge accent you couldn't possibly hold derogatory views about other people because their religion is different from your own.

He's also a very good practitioner of lying to make his beliefs look good - something condoned in his religion, or at least in some interpretations of it.

N.
I don’t think you are any different Norm. You too hide what you believe in. It takes someone like me who can read between the lines to figure them out.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 12:21 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
When I buy a British Tabloid I always buy the Daily Mail because I find it more authentic and less hypocritical than other papers. I am not suggesting that I agree with everything it publishes but there are, however, many things I do agree with. For example, it always beats the drums about Muslims can not integrate into the western societies, an idea which I believe in. Islamic values and the western values are like water and oil in a cup, they can never mix no matter how much you try to shake it and stir it. Let me give you an example. The prophet of Islam said this about alcohol: “cursed be the one who drinks it, carries it, sells it, or sits in a place where it is consumed”. So if a Muslim is not allowed to sit in a place where alcohol is consumed, how on earth can he integrate and socialize in the west where pubs are the traditional places of socialization!!!

That’s why I am of the idea that Muslims should not integrate but just be like the westerners who live in the Arab lands; live in peace and do your jobs properly and always believe that your values are special and better.
That's not a bad wind up attempt, I will give it 8/10.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 12:28 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
That's not a bad wind up attempt, I will give it 8/10.
not his best. 7/10
Old Oct 6th 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark

Aren't you leaving out a teensy bit of detail, namely that Westerners in the Gulf are not citizens and will never be made citizens and enjoy the same rights as citizen Khaleejis while Muslims in the West are citizens and benefit from all the rights and priviledges of being citizens in a relatively free society.

Since Alcohol is such a defining separator of who is and is not a Muslim, then I suppose a good chunk of GCC citizens aren't Muslims.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

BinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond reputeBinCat has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Daily Fail gets a kicking

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Since Alcohol is such a defining separator of who is and is not a Muslim, then I suppose a good chunk of GCC citizens aren't Muslims.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 8:32 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Aren't you leaving out a teensy bit of detail, namely that Westerners in the Gulf are not citizens and will never be made citizens and enjoy the same rights as citizen Khaleejis while Muslims in the West are citizens and benefit from all the rights and priviledges of being citizens in a relatively free society.