Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Cutting out aggressive language in the office

Cutting out aggressive language in the office

Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Cutting out aggressive language in the office

Swearing at Work

It has been brought to management's attention that some individuals throughout the company have been using foul language during the course of normal conversation with their colleagues.
Due to complaints received from some employees who may be easily offended, this type of language will no longer be tolerated.
We do, however, realise the critical importance of being able to accurately express your feelings when communicating with colleagues.
Therefore, a list of 13 New and Innovative 'TRY SAYING' phrases have been provided so that proper exchange of ideas and information
can continue in an effective manner.

1. Try Saying: I think you could do with more training Instead Of: You don't have a f***ing clue, do you?
2. Try Saying: She's an aggressive go-getter . Instead Of: She's a f***ing power-crazy b*tch
3. Try Saying: Perhaps I can work late Instead Of: And when the f*** do you expect me to do this?
4. Try Saying: I'm certain that isn't feasible Instead Of: F*** off a*se-hole
5. Try Saying: Really? Instead Of: Well f*** me backwards with a telegraph pole
6. Try Saying: Perhaps you should check with... Instead Of: Tell someone who gives a f***.
7. Try Saying: I wasn't involved in the project. Instead Of: Not my f***ing problem.
8. Try Saying: That's interesting. Instead Of: What the f***?
9. Try Saying: I'm not sure this can be implemented within the given timescale. Instead Of: No f***ing chance mate.
10. Try Saying: It will be tight, but I'll try to schedule it in Instead Of: Why the f*** didn't you tell me that yesterday?
11. Try Saying: He's not familiar with the issues Instead Of: He's got his head up his f***ing a*se.
12. Try Saying: Excuse me, sir? Instead Of: Oi, f*** face.
13. Try Saying: Of course, I was only going to be at home anyway Instead Of: Yeah, who needs f***ing holidays anyway.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:29 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cutting out aggressive language in the office

lol...mr MH never ever swears...apart from when I hear him on the phone talking to collegues...it's truly remarkable....
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol...mr MH never ever swears...apart from when I hear him on the phone talking to collegues...it's truly remarkable....
A gentleman then? There are lots of people who do only swear at work in the Uk and never ever in front of a female, there are of course those who simply dont realise they swear!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
A gentleman then? There are lots of people who do only swear at work in the Uk and never ever in front of a female, there are of course those who simply dont realise they swear!
nowt wrong with swearing twat-features
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:26 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I only ever swear at gadgets that I can't get to work properly, especially bloody computers
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:30 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Personally I only ever swear at gadgets that I can't get to work properly, especially bloody computers
my mac thinks you're a cross eyed donkey-fcker
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
my mac thinks you're a cross eyed donkey-fcker
Christ, if LH has been on the blue pills it's no wonder the poor *****ing donkey is cross-eyed....
Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Christ, if LH has been on the blue pills it's no wonder the poor *****ing donkey is cross-eyed....
oh man that's fine work there.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now
Swearing at Work

It has been brought to management's attention that some individuals throughout the company have been using foul language during the course of normal conversation with their colleagues.
Due to complaints received from some employees who may be easily offended, this type of language will no longer be tolerated.
We do, however, realise the critical importance of being able to accurately express your feelings when communicating with colleagues.
Therefore, a list of 13 New and Innovative 'TRY SAYING' phrases have been provided so that proper exchange of ideas and information
can continue in an effective manner.

1. Try Saying: I think you could do with more training Instead Of: You don't have a f***ing clue, do you?
2. Try Saying: She's an aggressive go-getter . Instead Of: She's a f***ing power-crazy b*tch
3. Try Saying: Perhaps I can work late Instead Of: And when the f*** do you expect me to do this?
4. Try Saying: I'm certain that isn't feasible Instead Of: F*** off a*se-hole
5. Try Saying: Really? Instead Of: Well f*** me backwards with a telegraph pole
6. Try Saying: Perhaps you should check with... Instead Of: Tell someone who gives a f***.
7. Try Saying: I wasn't involved in the project. Instead Of: Not my f***ing problem.
8. Try Saying: That's interesting. Instead Of: What the f***?
9. Try Saying: I'm not sure this can be implemented within the given timescale. Instead Of: No f***ing chance mate.
10. Try Saying: It will be tight, but I'll try to schedule it in Instead Of: Why the f*** didn't you tell me that yesterday?
11. Try Saying: He's not familiar with the issues Instead Of: He's got his head up his f***ing a*se.
12. Try Saying: Excuse me, sir? Instead Of: Oi, f*** face.
13. Try Saying: Of course, I was only going to be at home anyway Instead Of: Yeah, who needs f***ing holidays anyway.
Interesting challenge:

Try fitting each of the 13 phrases to a BE member.........
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

does swearing under your breath count? Of late I have been saying exactly this in my mind.........
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Interesting challenge:

Try fitting each of the 13 phrases to a BE member.........
Oi, *uck face...
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Oi, *uck face...
For some bizarre reason, I am reminded of that Carry On film where they are all 17th century English aristocracy.....

Syd James: "Look at all those noblemen"
Kenneth Willliams: "Yes, dukes and earls mostly......."
Joan Sims: "And look over there - a bunch of counts...."
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
For some bizarre reason, I am reminded of that Carry On film where they are all 17th century English aristocracy.....

Syd James: "Look at all those noblemen"
Kenneth Willliams: "Yes, dukes and earls mostly......."
Joan Sims: "And look over there - a bunch of counts...."
Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaa