Curtains / Blinds

Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curtains / Blinds

Dragonmart really is your best option. You take a picture and measure, go there and they will sort everything and fit.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

I got some curtains from Dragonmart... got them home, hung them up... One side was 'made' upside down'. So, check before walking out the shop
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:36 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Man : "Hey do you sell condoms?"

Shopkeeper : "Why don't you try having a baby and you will see how wonderful it is?"

The concept of sleep depends on the absence of light. That is why all good hotel rooms have extremely well made double curtains which will completely block out any light so that a jet-lagged weary traveler can have a proper deep sleep even if it is 2 in the afternoon outside.
My window faces east and I cant stand the morning sun, so I got those Mirror Tint Stickers that yobs put on their cars and did them twice on the glass, and then I got a decent curtain guy and got the double type curtains. Sleep....good! No Sleep....not good!
Have sent you his number.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Man up and give your mum the proper bedroom while you sleep in the sitting room.

Anyway, Ikea does curtains on the cheap. Even Carrefour sells them. Just be sure you have the right rods and all that. My sister recently bought one of these old Victorian houses with 12'ft ceilings and she went out and got basic Ikea curtains and it actually looks half decent.
Why do you insist on trying to be rude all the time?

Looked in IKEA at the weekend and the Mrs poo-pooed all the options. Got them in the bedroom and they're alright though.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why do you insist on trying to be rude all the time?

Looked in IKEA at the weekend and the Mrs poo-pooed all the options. Got them in the bedroom and they're alright though.
Suggesting that your mother should get the bedroom is rude?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

i'm actually with DXB on this...SCAMP your mum should definitely get a bedroom....sleeping in the living room are for distant randoms you don't really care about.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 8:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Dragonmart really is your best option. You take a picture and measure, go there and they will sort everything and fit.
Thanks. Someone else suggested the same.

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
I got some curtains from Dragonmart... got them home, hung them up... One side was 'made' upside down'. So, check before walking out the shop

No, you can suggest what you want.
Don't cry if you get told to mind your own ****ing business though.

Originally Posted by mission
i'm actually with DXB on this...SCAMP your mum should definitely get a bedroom....sleeping in the living room are for distant randoms you don't really care about.
Mind your own business.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Someone else suggested the same.

No, you can suggest what you want.
Don't cry if you get told to mind your own ****ing business though.

Mind your own business.
Someone is really offended....starting a thread on an internet forum and then telling people to mind their own business when they get replies they don't like

Good luck with your curtains.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:01 am
Account Closed

Someone is really offended....starting a thread on an internet forum and then telling people to mind their own business when they get replies they don't like

I'm not offended, I'm amazed by your insistence on being a totally unhelpful and unpleasant ****.

No wonder the member count on this forum is tumbling.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't meant to be patronising it was meant to be taken just as it was, I'd rather you took the piss than suggested stupid things.

The curtains are for the living room where my Mum might spend a few nights over Xmas, so it doesn't matter if my body will adjust or not I'm afraid.

I think I'll just stick to google.
Paint your windows black. Sorted and cheaper.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
Well you've described 80pct of my immediate family.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Paint your windows black. Sorted and cheaper.
50% tint like my car?
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

50% tint like my car?
My guess is that is only going to solve half of the problem.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not offended, I'm amazed by your insistence on being a totally unhelpful and unpleasant ****.

No wonder the member count on this forum is tumbling.
No, that's Millhouse. He's the one who's rude to all the newcomers and scares them off. I'm only rude to the old-timers.

There's an old saying about the pot calling the kettle black but if I used it I'd have admit to some culpability on my end. Not quite sure if I want to go that far.

Last edited by DXBtoDOH; Nov 6th 2017 at 9:37 am.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 9:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
My guess is that is only going to solve half of the problem.
50% less of the 80% would be nice though wouldn't it.

No, that's Millhouse. He's the one who's rude to all the newcomers and scares them off. I'm only rude to the long-timers.

There's an old saying about the pot calling the kettle black but if I used it I'd have admit to some culpability on my end. Not quite sure if I want to go that far.

Millhouse is fundamentally, at the base of it, a decent person though.

I'm not that polite, can be very rude and I'm happy to call you out for being a **** and I'm self aware enough to know it, see it and understand that's what it is without being blinded by arrogance and self-adoration. Culpability acknowledged.

Thanks. I'm now thinking Roman Blinds which might require an actual professional rather than dragonmart but there's only one way to find out I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.