Curry Houses in Dubai

Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Curry Houses in Dubai

Me and some mates went to the Coconut Grove at Rydges Hotel in Satwa last night, 9th floor, overlooking Satwa and the food was brilliant, service and good and also they do a beautiful pint of tiger beer, one of the best pints I've had since I got here, AED400 for the 3 of us and that included 2 pints each,

7.5/10 on the Spugs-o-meter
Old Nov 25th 2008, 6:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curry Houses in Dubai

it's a good restaurant that one, try Billy Blues on a Sunday night, steak night - buy one get one free. Asha's at Wafi is excellent Indian food, bit more expensive than Coconut though.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Upstairs at the Bin Sougat (where the fish and chip shop used to be, but the other end of the shopping centre upstairs) there is a nice indian restaurant.

Its open til about 1am, can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

But near enough to Mirdiff.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:06 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Upstairs at the Bin Sougat (where the fish and chip shop used to be, but the other end of the shopping centre upstairs) there is a nice indian restaurant.

Gazebo...
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:15 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Me and some mates went to the Coconut Grove at Rydges Hotel in Satwa last night, 9th floor, overlooking Satwa and the food was brilliant, service and good and also they do a beautiful pint of tiger beer, one of the best pints I've had since I got here, AED400 for the 3 of us and that included 2 pints each,

7.5/10 on the Spugs-o-meter

a lovely view, Satwa....

it is a nice restaurant, but i wouldnt call 25GBP a head for a ruby exactly cheap. I prefer the one in the shopping mall in Karama (cant remember the name) they do the best masala dossa's
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:22 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon

yup been there for takeaway, it is pretty good.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:23 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
Gazebo...
same to you
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
a lovely view, Satwa....

it is a nice restaurant, but i wouldnt call 25GBP a head for a ruby exactly cheap. I prefer the one in the shopping mall in Karama (cant remember the name) they do the best masala dossa's
Bombay Chowpatty in Lamcy (and in Karama, opposite spinneys and one street back) is number one for dossas. Between Lemon Grass as Chowpatty, I am in a great position
:-)
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
same to you
I second MH's recommendation for Gazebo (although I seem to recall it's veggie only - or is my memory playing tricks)?

But in the low-price-but-top-quality market sector, try Nawab. There are 2 or 3 of them but the one I always use is in the computer plaza in Bur Dubai, near Good Fellas, Ramada Hotel, etc.

Will be there late post-Sevens most nights from Thur to Sat this week, if anyone fancies saying 'hello'.......
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I second MH's recommendation for Gazebo (although I seem to recall it's veggie only - or is my memory playing tricks)?

But in the low-price-but-top-quality market sector, try Nawab. There are 2 or 3 of them but the one I always use is in the computer plaza in Bur Dubai, near Good Fellas, Ramada Hotel, etc.

Will be there late post-Sevens most nights from Thur to Sat this week, if anyone fancies saying 'hello'.......
Not back until Sunday unfortunately.. I'd enjoy an hour chewing over a couple of pints listening to you I'm sure..
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:43 am