Crop Circles

Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:34 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crop Circles

did you watch this doc?

anyway - it's clear that some are man made, but some are so far out there in terms of intricacy of design and the whole condition on the corn that it really does begger belief how it is possible.

I'd love to think it's aliens or whatever - I'm not - however I also can't picture the process that could create such designs in the dark without leaving a trace...

Also - very intelligent use of symbolism and maths... not your average pilled up raver. Such as this one that through the use of the stepped curves exactly notes pi to 10 decimal points

Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

The fact is there's no empirical evidence exists to prove or even suggest crop circles are made by UFOs or supernatural beings and events, but plenty exists to prove a rather human explaination.

N.
True.

I really really briefly looked at that site just now. Some of the intricate designs in the doco kick butt over the crop circle makers top crops of 2007 though. I actually emailed them asking them how often they see their work mistaken for being "paranormal" by the investigators or if they've ever seen their work on documentaries in the past.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:43 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
did you watch this doc?

anyway - it's clear that some are man made, but some are so far out there in terms of intricacy of design and the whole condition on the corn that it really does begger belief how it is possible.

I'd love to think it's aliens or whatever - I'm not - however I also can't picture the process that could create such designs in the dark without leaving a trace...

Also - very intelligent use of symbolism and maths... not your average pilled up raver. Such as this one that through the use of the stepped curves exactly notes pi to 10 decimal points
I've watched the doc...didn't see anything to suggest anything other than human intervention. If you look at the circle maker's website you will see equally complex designs.

Most of the people from the site are not "piled up ravers"...many are smart people, students etc.

The site even states people will "believe" even when proven wrong - I think crop circles are a good example of evidence against the theory ending up strengthening the theory in a person's mind.

N.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
did you watch this doc?

http://2012rising.com/images/54.jpg

http://www.webster.uk.net/SpecialInt...e4_300x271.jpg
http://www.ufofiles.org/files/images...un%20Stone.jpg
http://www.aliencrossing.com/images/...e-examples.jpg
OMG - those patterns are amazing! Work of very talented humans/aliens no doubt!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ire-field.html

Cool!

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:38 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the farmer is very happy he's lost hundreds of thousands of pounds of crops!

N.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

But this must be taking ages to complete - how come no one sees them do it?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by IndieG
But this must be taking ages to complete - how come no one sees them do it?
People do see them. Sometimes they even film themselves doing it. Once they even invited the press to come and watch them making one and managed to get arrested.

N.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 8:44 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the farmer is very happy he's lost hundreds of thousands of pounds of crops!

N.
ah but the clever ones, charge a fiver for parking and can make considerably more than the damaged crops are worth......my theory is its skint farmers that make em.....
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by shiva
ah but the clever ones, charge a fiver for parking and can make considerably more than the damaged crops are worth......my theory is its skint farmers that make em.....
Skint farmers? Not many of them in the UK for sure...especially when some are getting EU subsidies to boot.

Perhaps it's a poorly executed attempt at organic farming?

N.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:14 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Skint farmers? Not many of them in the UK for sure...especially when some are getting EU subsidies to boot.

Perhaps it's a poorly executed attempt at organic farming?

N.
not true. Whilst there are a lot of wealthy farmers in the UK a great deal more are amongst the lowest earners in the country, suicide in farming communities is at an alarming rate. subsidies are all that is keeping most farmers from bankruptcy.
I personally know of 3 farmers in the last year who have committed suicide due to financial hardship and the loss of farms which have been held for generations, and thats in a very small rural community.
Make no mistake farming in the UK is royally ****ed, consumers want to buy chickens for 50p, lamb for a quid and strawberrys on xmas eve, british farmers just cant compete against the mass produced shite churned out by kenya, thailand, indonesia and those pesky kiwi sheepshaggers.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moto111
why are you fascinated? I thought it was just men on big lawn mowers who did it in the dark when no-one was watching....

Actually when attempting to duplicate the circles, researches used a wooden board attached to a rope. You place the board on the ground and press down with your foot to flatten the grass, hay, whatever. It is not mowed.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

I cannot believe the "wooden plank" method was used to do this overnight

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-weirder.html

Closeups here: http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2...oundshots.html

Last edited by AnotherWorld; Jun 4th 2009 at 9:29 pm.