Crikey

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crikey

Originally Posted by sross2203
http://www.dxbmarine.com/Loca/

Is that the place?

If so, I'll be there every Monday night for dinner.
that's the one...it's also home to my favourite shisha place in dubai...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
that's the one...it's also home to my favourite shisha place in dubai...

MM, xx
Think I might be a frequent visitor. The company apartment is in the Marina which is where I'll be for the first few months at least.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Think I might be a frequent visitor. The company apartment is in the Marina which is where I'll be for the first few months at least.
dubai marinE is the other end of jumeirah to the marinA so it's about 20 mins taxi journey...it's only 5 mins walk from me though, lol...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

dubai marinE is the other end of jumeirah to the marinA so it's about 20 mins taxi journey...it's only 5 mins walk from me though, lol...

MM, xx
Sorry I noticed that after I posted it. Marine is up by the creek isn't it?

I'm staying marinA end, and working in Internet / Media City (can't remember which).
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm staying marinA end, and working in Internet / Media City (can't remember which).
no, it's in jumeirah 1, opposite the big mosque...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

dubai marinE is the other end of jumeirah to the marinA so it's about 20 mins taxi journey...it's only 5 mins stagger from me though, lol...

MM, xx
I've corrected that for you.

I'd say possibly longer from the Marina. That Beach Road is so slow, that it can take us up to 20 mins from Umm Sequim , but the time you've looped back from the big flagpole! Still consider it pretty local though.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:43 am
Account Closed

no, it's in jumeirah 1, opposite the big mosque...

MM, xx
OK, I'm with you...thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, right, I forgot you lived in the arse end of Jumeira.

It's a half hour taxi ride, assuming he lives in JBR. 50 AED minimum.

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
I've corrected that for you.

I'd say possibly longer from the Marina. That Beach Road is so slow, that it can take us up to 20 mins from Umm Sequim , but the time you've looped back from the big flagpole! Still consider it pretty local though.
haha, cheeky...

if you go szr it'd be quicker...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:45 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't expect logic in names of places. For example, there are all sorts of developments called Jumeirah something or other that are nowhere near the Jumeirah area.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it take to get from, say, JBR to SZR?

How long does it take to get from SZR to Dubai Marine via either Defence or Trade Centre roundabouts? Traffic in your end of town is bad most of the time.

Half hour minimum.

haha, cheeky...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:46 am
Bored liberal

haha, cheeky...

MM, xx
For him yes; us, no. I like the drive along that road, but it's no good if you're in a hurry. Ever wonder if anyone every goes into the numerous boutique types shops randomly scattered along it?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Meow
Please don't expect logic in names of places. For example, there are all sorts of developments called Jumeirah something or other that are nowhere near the Jumeirah area.
I'm going to enjoy finding my way around. Always a good laugh.

Renting a car seems mightily expensive though and a sheer waste of cash. Might just taxi about for first little while, then buy.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ethos83
How long does it take to get from, say, JBR to SZR?

How long does it take to get from SZR to Dubai Marine via either Defence or Trade Centre roundabouts? Traffic in your end of town is bad most of the time.

Half hour minimum.
well it takes me 20 mins to get to marina...the defence roundabout thing is really quick now the new road system is operational...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 12:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

haha, cheeky...

MM, xx
not if you come of at the Trade Centre roundabout and then go up Diyafah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.