Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Creepy things that children say

Creepy things that children say

Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Creepy things that children say

'WHEN social media site Reddit asked parents to share the creepiest things their children have said to them, close to 11,000 people responded. '

Some are a bit odd, some rather strange, some rather creepy and others downright scary!

Sample:

A friend of mine's child told him "Daddy, I love you so much that I want to cut your head off and carry it around so I can see your face whenever I want."

My daughter said to me that there is a woman who watches her watch movies in her room and sleeps on the ceiling above her bed when she sleeps. she also says it does not like me and wants to eat my heart

My 3 year old daughter stood next to her new born brother and looked at him for awhile then turned and looked at me and said, "Daddy its a monster..we should bury it."

An overview here:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...-1226631665805

And the original list here: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co...eepiest_thing/

Old Apr 30th 2013, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Creepy things that children say

I want to peel all your skin off is a tad creepy
Old Apr 30th 2013, 9:06 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I find this one both funny and worrying...

"I jokingly asked: "What's the best way to get a girlfriend?" 7-year-old's response: "Tell her to be my girlfriend or she'll never see her parents again."
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

My nearly 3 year old talks in bed and then shouts "stop talking now and let me go to sleep" nearly every night. When I ask her who she says "it's the lady"..... It really freaks me out but she's never scared by it.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expathopeful
My nearly 3 year old talks in bed and then shouts "stop talking now and let me go to sleep" nearly every night. When I ask her who she says "it's the lady"..... It really freaks me out but she's never scared by it.
Ask her to draw the lady, if she is old enough for such artistic tasks. Maybe she just hears the words inside her head rather than imagining her physical presence. Still scary though.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mentalist
Ask her to draw the lady, if she is old enough for such artistic tasks. Maybe she just hears the words inside her head rather than imagining her physical presence. Still scary though.
I'd prefer not to go any deeper into it until we leave the house, not keen on spooky goings on. My ex-partner phoned me at work once saying the woodèn alphabet cubes in our sons room spelt the name Cody when she looked at them and it freaked her out. Before I left for work the next night I arranged them so they said "GET OUT", I shouldn't have done but couldn't help myself that's probably got something to do with why she's now my Ex, she just couldn't appreciate a joke.....
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

boyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant futureboyfrombangor has a brilliant future

I saw this on twitter and particularly liked the one where the little girl was being put to bed and said, "Good bye, Daddy." Daddy corrected her and said "No, no, in bed we say good night."

Little girl replies, "I know, but this time it's good bye."

Cue sleepless night for Daddy.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd prefer not to go any deeper into it until we leave the house, not keen on spooky goings on. My ex-partner phoned me at work once saying the woodèn alphabet cubes in our sons room spelt the name Cody when she looked at them and it freaked her out. Before I left for work the next night I arranged them so they said "GET OUT", I shouldn't have done but couldn't help myself that's probably got something to do with why she's now my Ex, she just couldn't appreciate a joke.....
Fook that. Child would be locked in with the Maid!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus H
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sleeping with the light on tonight!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:28 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Or the creepy things children do ...

many years' ago when the younger daughter of our best friends back in the UK was about four years' old I picked her up from school and she asked if I wanted to see her new pet. Obviously, I said 'yes'. She pulled up her T-shirt and showed me a wood louse curled up in her belly button. As far as I'm aware she kept that wood louse on a piece of rotting wood in her bedroom for about ten days until her parents objected and insisted that it be placed on the wood stack outside their home where it would have the chance to meet others of its kind.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

My 3 year old grandaughter was playing with her hello kitty plastic mobile phone last week,she turned to me and said " talk to him" I played along and asked " is it hello kitty"? And she replied " No, its your Dad, my Granda"...My Dads been dead 20 years.