Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

"The Creepiest And Weirdest Sales Assistants In Dubai Award"

"The Creepiest And Weirdest Sales Assistants In Dubai Award"

Old Feb 15th 2011, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default "The Creepiest And Weirdest Sales Assistants In Dubai Award"

And the jury has voted unanimously for..............

Everyone who works in American Eagle at MotE............

The most 'normal' one was The Effeminate Nailbiter............ The Fat Giggler and The Crooked-Toothed Lisper made me feel very uncomfortable.

They've actually got some good stuff in there (and the prices are OK, at least while the DSF is still on), but you should only go in there if all your innoculations are up-to-date...............
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:16 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The Creepiest And Weirdest Sales Assistants In Dubai Award"

Originally Posted by The Dean

The most 'normal' one was The Effeminate Nailbiter............ The Fat Giggler and The Crooked-Toothed Lisper made me feel very uncomfortable.

They've actually got some good stuff in there (and the prices are OK, at least while the DSF is still on), but you should only go in there if all your innoculations are up-to-date...............
I know the manager, she's an English lass.

Clothes are canny actually, and pretty cheap.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I always like the sales assistant that stands that little bit too close, follows you around the store and is singing a couple of verses from the Quran to himself. That isn't uncomfortable at all.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

@ millhouse
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I always like the sales assistant that stands that little bit too close, follows you around the store and is singing a couple of verses from the Quran to himself. That isn't uncomfortable at all.
There is a good way to make them stop. I learned that in China. Let them walk closely behind you for a while...the make a few fast steps...and stop. They will bump into you, and you then turn around and say "Can I help you"? They will avoid you after that.
My experience.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Sales assistants in Tokyo bark some high pitch squeal Jap phrase at you when you enter. Bit mad really.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Sales assistants in Tokyo bark some high pitch squeal Jap phrase at you when you enter. Bit mad really.
Irashaimase! It only means "welcome".
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Irashaimase! It only means "welcome".
What's the Japanese for "Leave me alone! I want to browse in peace! I'm British and we prefer it that way."?
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

What's the Japanese for "Leave me alone! I want to browse in peace! I'm British and we prefer it that way."?
Mitteiru dake, arigatou (literally "just looking, thanks"). They'll get the message.
Pronunciation: Mit te roo dack ey, ari gateaux
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:26 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

You are aware that American Eagle and its Abercrombie & Fitch "upscale" counterpart are considered tacky, overpriced clothes in the US, largely favoured by lower middle class suburbanites who live in tract housing estates?

By the way, I find that completely ignoring the sales assistants work. Don't register their presence, look straight through them, don't respond when they speak.

I always do this at the beginning. If I want help later on I point my finger at the nearest Pinoy or Lebos and say 'You there. Come here. I want this in X size, you have it, yes or no?'

I find that destablising them first and making them nervous later is far more effective than being polite and friendly.

Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
By the way, I find that completely ignoring the sales assistants work. Don't register their presence, look straight through them, don't respond when they speak.

I always do this at the beginning. If I want help later on I point my finger at the nearest Pinoy or Lebos and say 'You there. Come here. I want this in X size, you have it, yes or no?'

I find that destablising them first and making them nervous later is far more effective than being polite and friendly.
I speak for the majority with this comment - You asshole.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:46 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

You are aware that American Eagle and its Abercrombie & Fitch "upscale" counterpart are considered tacky, overpriced clothes in the US, largely favoured by lower middle class suburbanites who live in tract housing estates?

Ah well, they do good shorts.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Bahtatboy- can you teach us more japanese please? arigatou
Old Feb 20th 2011, 5:05 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Bahtatboy- can you teach us more japanese please? arigatou
Don't touch my moustache
Old Feb 21st 2011, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Not only in the US...

Also Superdry...I do like some of their stuff but don't like looking like a high street sheep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.