British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   a couple of questions... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/couple-questions-694012/)

Spugsy Nov 18th 2010 12:01 pm

a couple of questions...

....first off, where can I buy a proper xmas tree from? as in a real one?

Also I'm thinking of getting some mates togehter for NYE, we're looking at bed villas at the cove and suchlike with private pools, looks nice there but any other good places you can recommend for something like this?

Ta muchly....

Madam Medusa Nov 18th 2010 12:08 pm

Re: a couple of questions...

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8989459)
....first off, where can I buy a proper xmas tree from? as in a real one?

Also I'm thinking of getting some mates togehter for NYE, we're looking at bed villas at the cove and suchlike with private pools, looks nice there but any other good places you can recommend for something like this?

Ta muchly....

we've always gone to plant street...but they were bloody expensive last year...900 dhs, and no way were they interested in bargaining...

the cove is great, would be fab if you got a villa...but someone has told me the hilton is better and also has villas...maybe there's a villa on the palm you could hire?

MM, xx

Spugsy Nov 18th 2010 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8989466)
we've always gone to plant street...but they were bloody expensive last year...900 dhs, and no way were they interested in bargaining...

the cove is great, would be fab if you got a villa...but someone has told me the hilton is better and also has villas...maybe there's a villa on the palm you could hire?

MM, xx

the cove villas are ace with little pools, hilton is ok but massive and not as good.

Hmmm palm could work, how would I find out about that sort of thing?

Madam Medusa Nov 18th 2010 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8989486)
the cove villas are ace with little pools, hilton is ok but massive and not as good.

Hmmm palm could work, how would I find out about that sort of thing?

yeah, i liked the cove, but the service and food is a bit crap...there are two hiltons, and one is really good, allegedly, is that the one you're talking about...?

if you google, quite a few options come up for the palm...but sure someone will have companies they can recommend...

MM, xx

Spugsy Nov 18th 2010 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8989493)
yeah, i liked the cove, but the service and food is a bit crap...there are two hiltons, and one is really good, allegedly, is that the one you're talking about...?

if you google, quite a few options come up for the palm...but sure someone will have companies they can recommend...

MM, xx

aye but you can take all your own stuff, booze, bits to eat (usually loads of tapas type stuff) and keep it in the fridge, lay around at the private pool and order room service.

Yeah we went to the new one and had a suite there, was ok but really big, would like something a bit smaller, not so much 'butlins' type.

yeah got a few here for the Palm, AED6k a day and you have to take it for a week!

Blue Cat Nov 18th 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8989497)
aye but you can take all your own stuff, booze, bits to eat (usually loads of tapas type stuff) and keep it in the fridge, lay around at the private pool and order room service.

Yeah we went to the new one and had a suite there, was ok but really big, would like something a bit smaller, not so much 'butlins' type.

yeah got a few here for the Palm, AED6k a day and you have to take it for a week!

what are the prices like for NYE? we looked into JBH last year and it 4 grand a night for a room never mind a bungalow thingy. Real tree? no go in this house the cats piss on them. The One has got some nice fake trees in.

Spugsy Nov 19th 2010 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8989564)
what are the prices like for NYE? we looked into JBH last year and it 4 grand a night for a room never mind a bungalow thingy. Real tree? no go in this house the cats piss on them. The One has got some nice fake trees in.

fake trees are shit.

Blue Cat Nov 20th 2010 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8992212)
fake trees are shit.

mine isn't shit, it is better than Wafi's ;)

lionheart Nov 20th 2010 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8992985)
mine isn't shit, it is better than Wafi's ;)

You have an imitation plastic Xmas tree? Oh my God! How could you do such a thing?...other than to save the forests, preserve the environment and its wildlife, stop landslides caused by tree removal and keep the ozone layer intact?;)

Blue Cat Nov 20th 2010 4:52 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8993025)
You have an imitation plastic Xmas tree? Oh my God! How could you do such a thing?...other than to save the forests, preserve the environment and its wildlife, stop landslides caused by tree removal and keep the ozone layer intact?;)

yeah and compete with Wafi! pics to follow in December :thumbup: