Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Coup in Saudi Arabia (?)

Coup in Saudi Arabia (?)

Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Coup in Saudi Arabia (?)

Originally Posted by still.unsure
i'm not sure that any interested party (US, pak government, india even, and perhaps china?) can afford to take such a small step approach
I don't think it would be small steps if it involves hot pursuits and actual boots on the ground? And lack of HUMINT didn't stop the US from quite a few other adventures...never has, in fact!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:39 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coup in Saudi Arabia (?)

Originally Posted by Shehryar
I don't think it would be small steps if it involves hot pursuits and actual boots on the ground? And lack of HUMINT didn't stop the US from quite a few other adventures...never has, in fact!
(here's optimism for you) but i think the US can no longer afford any further forays, both financially and politically. it would appear that the US public has lost their appetite for foreign affairs, much less the current wars or any new ones. the administration would have to spin the hot pursuits as an 'extension' of the afghan commitment, or hide it (aka Laos and Cambodia during Vietnam) the current administration doesn't even want the Iran or North Korean issues to boil over, nor is it willing to pursue the georgian issues, so stepping into pakistan, in whatever capacity would be dubious and more likely to be an all out "intervention" than UAV attacks