Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Could you afford to gamble ...

Could you afford to gamble ...

Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could you afford to gamble ...

Originally Posted by Scamp
Bookies disagree:

Man City 15/8
Chelsea 3
Arsenal 5
Liverpool 8
Man Utd 10
That 5/1 on the Arse is a licence to print money. They may not win the league - but 5/1 cannot be the right price, surely?

Put it another way - if SAF were still running MU, and they were two points clear (even after 'only' nine games), what would they be? 11/8? Evens?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
That 5/1 on the Arse is a licence to print money. They may not win the league - but 5/1 cannot be the right price, surely?

Put it another way - if SAF were still running MU, and they were two points clear (even after 'only' nine games), what would they be? 11/8? Evens?
I thought that, it's from oddschecker so don't know who's giving that, might not be a high street name but will certainly be investigating. Even L'pool at 8's is a punt worth contemplating.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Even L'pool at 8's is a punt worth contemplating.
Calm down, calm down! The Bin Dippers have zero change of winning the EPL!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 2:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Calm down, calm down! The Bin Dippers have zero change of winning the EPL!
I don't disagree, BUT, with Suarez banging in goals like that header yesterday and Sturridge chipping in with regular ones, they look bloody strong. Not being in Europe is going to help them massively.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I don't disagree, BUT, with Suarez banging in goals like that header yesterday and Sturridge chipping in with regular ones, they look bloody strong. Not being in Europe is going to help them massively.
They haven't been in Europe for years.

As for the header..... Nice as it was he didn't know much about it. Mega lucky! To be fair tho, they are in a purple patch and enjoying the rub of the green. Wish we were.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:33 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Man U will be Champions come May 2014
As I said in the Predictions thread:

Man U will be out of the top 3 by mid-Jan, but will spring back in the final 3 1/2 months to take the league.

Of their 15 matches in those final 3 1/2 months:

Expected to win
Soton H (sorry Scamp)
Fulham A
Everton H
QPR A
Norwich A
West Ham H
Reading H
S'land A
Stoke A
Villa H
Swansea H
West Brom A

Challenging
Chelsea H

Downright Difficult
Man City H
Arse A

I don't expect you all to agree
Old Oct 28th 2013, 11:50 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
As I said in the Predictions thread:

Man U will be out of the top 3 by mid-Jan, but will spring back in the final 3 1/2 months to take the league.

Of their 15 matches in those final 3 1/2 months:

Expected to win
Soton H (sorry Scamp)
Fulham A
Everton H
QPR A
Norwich A
West Ham H
Reading H
S'land A
Stoke A
Villa H