Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Could you afford to gamble ...

Could you afford to gamble ...

Old Oct 27th 2013, 5:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Could you afford to gamble ...

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Another week of bad betting luck....

I had a punt on Weds Champ league and Thurs UEFA Cup games. Had a real mish mash on along with some rather optimistic long accas (3 with 11 games in them).

Thurs night I checked in on them and of the 3 long accas I had I had been let down by one team in each. Lazio in two of the accas and Genk in the other. If Lazio had of won then I would have been about 6 grand (GBP) up and if Genk had won as well that would have been nearer 8 grand.

Mega mega booooo!

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Any predictions for tonight? Two pretty healthy derbys. I'm thinking Newcastle (as Sunderland are dire at the minute) followed by either a Chelski win or draw.
Unlucky buddy.

I'm going to have a look at the games tonight, see what sort of scores and results give me tidy odds.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Unlucky buddy.

I'm going to have a look at the games tonight, see what sort of scores and results give me tidy odds.
Ha ha, what are thoughts for 'El Plastico' tonight?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Ha ha, what are thoughts for 'El Plastico' tonight?
I assume you're talking about the Horse Punching Festival?

I think this:

It's at Sunderland, they're struggling, they've got to have some fight, the crowd will be mad for it (Sun +)
Newcastle played well apparently against Liverpool, starting to become a bit more cohesive? (Newc +)
Sunderland are shit (Sun -)
Newcastle can be shit (New -)
Newcastle are away (New -)
Sun are home (Sun +)
Sun are really shit (Sun -)

So, from that, I don't know where to go....
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I assume you're talking about the Horse Punching Festival?

I think this:

It's at Sunderland, they're struggling, they've got to have some fight, the crowd will be mad for it (Sun +)
Newcastle played well apparently against Liverpool, starting to become a bit more cohesive? (Newc +)
Sunderland are shit (Sun -)
Newcastle can be shit (New -)
Newcastle are away (New -)
Sun are home (Sun +)
Sun are really shit (Sun -)

So, from that, I don't know where to go....
By 'El Plastico' I was actually referring to the Chelski Vs Citeh game but that's a pretty detailed breakdown for the Horse Punching Festival as you so aptly put it.

I 'think' I covered all options on that one but I would say I would probably lean more towards Newcastle for the win, however, as with all local derbies form rarely has a contributing factor.

For the other one I would say that I would lean towards Chelski. IMO they have a more cohesive 'team', a better manager and have home advantage. It could certainly be a cracker tho, however, personally I will be leaning towards a draw.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:50 am
Account Closed

By 'El Plastico' I was actually referring to the Chelski Vs Citeh game but that's a pretty detailed breakdown for the Horse Punching Festival as you so aptly put it.

I 'think' I covered all options on that one but I would say I would probably lean more towards Newcastle for the win, however, as with all local derbies form rarely has a contributing factor.

For the other one I would say that I would lean towards Chelski. IMO they have a more cohesive 'team', a better manager and have home advantage. It could certainly be a cracker tho, however, personally I will be leaning towards a draw.
Durr...what an idiot, how did I forget that? My bad.

I'm tempted with Newc win, but it's away from home so I think it will be harder. To be honest, I'd be tempted to keep it out of any acca's and stick to Europe / lower leagues.

El Plastico (I like it) - Chelsea win or draw. Mourinho is the master of not losing to title rivals and nicking wins at home. The away game at United was classic example, they played without a striker to secure a draw. Beat them at home and you're up on them...I think that might be the mentality. I just hope it's not a complete snoreborefest.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:52 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Sunlun can't even sell their home tickets, show's you just how much the "fans" think of their team.

Their players won't be up for it, so many new ones, ours will be and we played well against the bindippers. Nailed on Toon win. (So that'll be a sunlun win then).

Arsenal were shit yesterday btw.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
Sunlun can't even sell their home tickets, show's you just how much the "fans" think of their team.

Their players won't be up for it, so many new ones, ours will be and we played well against the bindippers. Nailed on Toon win. (So that'll be a sunlun win then).

Arsenal were shit yesterday btw.
Interesting.

Arse have played only one team in the top half so far apparently...Not that you'd know watching Piers Morgan's twatter feed.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:08 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Interesting.

Arse have played only one team in the top half so far apparently...Not that you'd know watching Piers Morgan's twatter feed.
Your lot are punching way above their weight, fair play to you.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kix
Your lot are punching way above their weight, fair play to you.
OH yeah, wheels will come off in the last 3rd of the season. I don't believe for a minute that our squad can play such a high-tempo pressing game all game for a whole season.

We'll see.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

You only have to look at the way the table is at the minute to see that it is not as per the norm.

Le Arse will probably drop away once they have a injury or two. Standard Arsenal, although I would rather they got the title over Man City or Liverpool. Saying that I can see them getting pumped out of the Champs League which may end up being a blessing in disguise for them.

Liverpool will have some scandal or other - Suarez will go mental and try and bite off someones nose (or similar) and get banned. No Europe is definitely helping them.

Southampton - good luck to them. Europe of one form of another would be great for them, although maybe this season will be asking a bit much. Great start tho.

Both City and Chelski aren't exactly setting the world alight. Some OK results against mediocre opposition but 'thankfully' they (as the main contenders) have also slipped up.

As for United.... what can I say, poor team selections, average tactics, poor substitutions and players just not playing to their usual standards! It's not all Moyes' fault be he is far from blameless. We are in dire need of a decent clear out and that should start by saying bye bye to Nani, Young and Cleverly, and maybe even Valencia (although I still hope he will regain his form as I like him). We also need to either start playing Zaha or send him out on loan and bring in some quality creativity into midfield and at least one established player into the centre of the back line. United tradition is to have a solid backline, a decent spine and loads of firepower up front. Currently we don't have any of that.
I always thought the title would be too much this season and now I find myself 'doing a Wenger' and hoping we get 4th.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:53 am
Account Closed

You only have to look at the way the table is at the minute to see that it is not as per the norm.

Le Arse will probably drop away once they have a injury or two. Standard Arsenal, although I would rather they got the title over Man City or Liverpool. Saying that I can see them getting pumped out of the Champs League which may end up being a blessing in disguise for them.

Liverpool will have some scandal or other - Suarez will go mental and try and bite off someones nose (or similar) and get banned. No Europe is definitely helping them.

Southampton - good luck to them. Europe of one form of another would be great for them, although maybe this season will be asking a bit much. Great start tho.

Both City and Chelski aren't exactly setting the world alight. Some OK results against mediocre opposition but 'thankfully' they (as the main contenders) have also slipped up.

As for United.... what can I say, poor team selections, average tactics, poor substitutions and players just not playing to their usual standards! It's not all Moyes' fault be he is far from blameless. We are in dire need of a decent clear out and that should start by saying bye bye to Nani, Young and Cleverly, and maybe even Valencia (although I still hope he will regain his form as I like him). We also need to either start playing Zaha or send him out on loan and bring in some quality creativity into midfield and at least one established player into the centre of the back line. United tradition is to have a solid backline, a decent spine and loads of firepower up front. Currently we don't have any of that.
I always thought the title would be too much this season and now I find myself 'doing a Wenger' and hoping we get 4th.
I agree, the title will be won by the least shit team, none will do well in Europe.

Saints will fall away, we've got a tough-ish November: Stoke, Hull, Arsenal I think.

6 points out of 9 would be good but Hull look good, we never do well against the brutes of Stoke and Arsenal are on flames.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Man U will be Champions come May 2014
Old Oct 27th 2013, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Bookies disagree:

Man City 15/8
Chelsea 3
Arsenal 5
Liverpool 8
Man Utd 10
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:30 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by saudiflares
What planet are you on?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bookies disagree:

Man City 15/8
Chelsea 3
Arsenal 5
Liverpool 8
Man Utd 10
It's worth a punt at those odds. Especially as I can see them buying big in Jan. Maybe to little to late but you never know.

don't see why Citeh are the strong favorites tho. Personally I would lean towards Chelski. Having the Bin Dippers above United is embarrassing tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.