This could run...

Old Aug 6th 2013, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This could run...

Originally Posted by The Dean
Thank you for rewording my post (#7).
You are most welcome
Old Aug 6th 2013, 6:08 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
In the article Nigel Farage has a point that were this a case of a vegetarian being served meat, she wouldn't be fired.
That's probably quite true. I doubt if they pupil were Jewish it would be a problem either.

Shows how self regulating Shariah compliant the UK is becoming. We fall over ourselves to cater to one minority far more than others.

N.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 6:12 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
so, if little Edward is allergic to..let's say mushy peas, and the lady served those to him and he "almost' ate them, would she be fired and would there be an investigation?
Almost eating them would be a case of a bit of retraining. Allergies can be very serious things so people need to be protected.

In the case of religious prohibitions against certain foods - that's simply a choice. Pork is the most commonly consumed meat on the planet. Most people eat it and live long, normal lives. A simple apology would suffice...followed by a reminder that we have traditionally eaten pork since humans settled in the British Isles and see no reason to change our ways to suit a minority of immigrants who are more vocal and demanding than others. There are plenty of halal shops in the UK - the parents of this child should make them sandwiches.

N.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Im going to throw a spanner in the works here and say that i think the dinner lady was in the wrong. The child allmost certainly wouldnt have known what pork was. Perhaps it was a sauage roll? It isnt like the pupil has grown up knowing what pork products are and arent.

Unfortunately i have made the mistake of giving some food to a muslim through misjudgement on my part and the fact the lad had no idea whatsoever what i was giving him... Suffice to say he was sent home and didnt return to work for a few days. Leaving me feel pretty shitty about myself.. In hindsight though i was 19 and its the first time id been in the middle east. Had this dinner lady been in the middle east for 11 years??
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget everything i just said as ive just read the article

This was in the uk!!!

Far too harsh on the poor lady that isnt her responsibilty in the slightest.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:46 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Why would pork be served as school lunch anywhere in the Middle East.

Can I suggest you keep off the Sid?
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Forget everything i just said as ive just read the article

This was in the uk!!!

Far too harsh on the poor lady that isnt her responsibilty in the slightest.
I think that a lot of shit is being thrown about with this. I'm UK based at the moment, and saw this couple on the local news last night, and they did not do themselves any favours, and given that the bloke is running away to Sharjah to avoid the taxman, he seems to be a self serving arse, and his wife, all wrapped up, well, ok, I don't have a problem with that, but they seemed to be piling on the insulted muslim race card.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:48 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Utter Utter *****. Wonder what would of happened if he ripped the Sharjah government off for 2.5m AED. Bang the twat up in Wormwood scrubs until he pays up and let that Dinner lady bring him his dinner there every day.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Utter Utter *****. Wonder what would of happened if he ripped the Sharjah government off for 2.5m AED. Bang the twat up in Wormwood scrubs until he pays up and let that Dinner lady bring him his dinner there every day.
Bacon sandwiches all day...
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:51 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

My shit pot is overflowing. It had better be Eid tomorrow else I am staying in bed all Thursday regardless.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

My shit pot is overflowing. It had better be Eid tomorrow else I am staying in bed all Thursday regardless.

Im with ya there mate

Not in the same bed i mean

Obviously
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's some helpful advice; take the fruit of one bottle of spirit, pour into a pint glass. Add ice. Avoid contaminants such as soda or tonic water. Repeat as needed....
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:56 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Here's some helpful advice; take the fruit of one bottle of spirit, pour into a pint glass. Add ice. Avoid contaminants such as soda or tonic water. Repeat as needed....
I am down to 1 bottle of champagne and spirits. Tonight I intend to get stuck in.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was overflowing for the last 2 months.

Travelling on Saturday though...yay!
Old Aug 6th 2013, 11:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Im going to throw a spanner in the works here and say that i think the dinner lady was in the wrong. The child allmost certainly wouldnt have known what pork was. Perhaps it was a sauage roll? It isnt like the pupil has grown up knowing what pork products are and arent.

Unfortunately i have made the mistake of giving some food to a muslim through misjudgement on my part and the fact the lad had no idea whatsoever what i was giving him... Suffice to say he was sent home and didnt return to work for a few days. Leaving me feel pretty shitty about myself.. In hindsight though i was 19 and its the first time id been in the middle east. Had this dinner lady been in the middle east for 11 years??
By "lad" I assume you mean not an adult. Why would he need to be off for a few days? And, as I said in an earlier post, if either of his parents had ever willingly smoked, had a pint or done anything else haram, then that removes what little justification there would have been. And what did he do for those few days off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.