Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Could have been dead today

Could have been dead today

Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Could have been dead today

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Well things can only get better....
Did anyone stop to see if you were ok?
lol actually that was the only positive, not kidding you, 8 people all pulled over. So nice to see that people are ready to stop and help, one very sweet man, insisted on driving me to work and stopped off at the ADNOC to buy me a coffee.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:34 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Like it, a man with a plan. Aye i could murder an ice cold vodka.

carpe deium, just watch who you go drinking with
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
carpe deium, just watch who you go drinking with
ha ha, don't go drinking with maniacs, a lesson one has to learn the hard way, non
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:37 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, don't go drinking with maniacs, a lesson one has to learn the hard way, non
apparently
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

lol actually that was the only positive, not kidding you, 8 people all pulled over. So nice to see that people are ready to stop and help, one very sweet man, insisted on driving me to work and stopped off at the ADNOC to buy me a coffee.
One of the (let's face it, many) good things about living here - people do stop to help in times of trouble.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hawkhead
One of the (let's face it, many) good things about living here - people do stop to help in times of trouble.
thats true, i was truly touched, who wants to get out their nicely chilled car in 45 degrees. Bless em all.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva
apparently
so next Thursday, same venue, you in, ha ha ha
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:41 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Glad your okay..a lot of interesting points though re 2 hands on the wheel..

How does this work for the young emiratis who use their knees to steer with as they are eating a burger with one hand and talking on their mobile with the other..
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

You are right about people stopping. I was out near sweihan on my bike last week and I got a puncture..at least 4 emiratis stopped and offered assistance and water. I think it is their beduin roots..very very nice..
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
Glad your okay..a lot of interesting points though re 2 hands on the wheel..

How does this work for the young emiratis who use their knees to steer with as they are eating a burger with one hand and talking on their mobile with the other..
Glad you're fine.

I saw someone driving the other day, think he was using his hands but his left knee was somewhere up against his ear leaning against the door. This was on SZR of course!

Scares me the amount of debris on some of the roads and trying to avoid it.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:02 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

My Tyre, which is one month old, blew on the ICAD highway, shite, i thought i was a gonna.
Glad you safe and well, must have been scary.....look on the bright side though, you topped up your tan on the hard shoulder !
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:03 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

so you pulled then ?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BangleMan
so you pulled then ?
ha ha, no, he was very sweet guy, I don't think he understood one word I said though, love him.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Glad you safe and well, must have been scary.....look on the bright side though, you topped up your tan on the hard shoulder !
nice shade of pink indeed
Old Jun 14th 2009, 11:07 am
Hammer for Life

ha ha, no, he was very sweet guy, I don't think he understood one word I said though, love him.
he sounds gay to me...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.