Corporal Punishment

Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corporal Punishment

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Eugghhh. Shaking the hands of 30 teenage, nose-picking, pocket-billiard-playing, don't-wash-after-peeing, sneezing-into-palms, zit-picking schoolboys. Only if I was wearing surgical gloves.
they are pristine 7/8 year olds, lol...and he's a man u fan, he's used to it...

MM ,xx
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:00 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
they are pristine 7/8 year olds, lol...and he's a man u fan, he's used to it...

MM ,xx
Fair enough
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow
I'd be interested to know if he thinks that there is a general lack of respect for teachers in many schools (in the UK in particular) these days. When I was a child, it was expected that you were polite to all adults and listened to them, but children don't seem to be taught that so much these days.

Seems a shame as badly-behaved, ill-mannered children grow up to be rude, unpleasant adults and we have enough of those as it is...
Still, you can't force respect, you have to earn it!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

We don't smack mini... unless of course he bites our ass while we are washing up and then he gets an immediate clump around the head. He doesn't do that very often these days.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:20 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
But you can still teach children to behave respectfully towards adults. Earning respect is a concept for adults, not for small children who tend to either like or dislike someone so need to be taught about behaving respectfully.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:48 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget masturbating in the lavatories.

Eugghhh. Shaking the hands of 30 teenage, nose-picking, pocket-billiard-playing, don't-wash-after-peeing, sneezing-into-palms, zit-picking schoolboys. Only if I was wearing surgical gloves.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:14 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I was a boarder for two years, and my abiding memory is being frequently caned by an overweight middle-aged woman called 'Matron'......

.......... these days, if I want that, I have to pay good money for it..........
I just can't imagine you dominated by a Hattie Jacques look-a-like in a BDSM session !
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:21 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

As Meow said, its the difference between respect for the position / authority, and respect for the person. I've worked for numerous people for whom I've had zero respect, but I've still respected their position (and my need to keep a job).

My parents instilled in me the need for respect for my teachers, and I've done the same to my children but have, as they've matured, given tolerance for them to discern the qualities of their teachers as people but still insisted that they respect the position.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

As Meow said, its the difference between respect for the position / authority, and respect for the person. I've worked for numerous people for whom I've had zero respect, but I've still respected their position (and my need to keep a job).

My parents instilled in me the need for respect for my teachers, and I've done the same to my children but have, as they've matured, given tolerance for them to discern the qualities of their teachers as people but still insisted that they respect the position.
Sorry, but I so do not agree with you. If someone is a jerk, he's a jerk, no matter of his position and I'd tell him so.
What I teach my children is politeness, but not blind respect.
And children in general do what they see and not what they are told. So if the parents behave like morons usually their children are not much different. Same with nice parents, they have usually nice children.
So my children are very nice and very perfect :-)
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:41 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a firm believer that kids should be given three chances. Install CCTV in every classroom. If you catch a pupil doing something absolutely out of order (like jumping up on the tables, running across the tables in the classroom then launching themselves into the air and punching another pupil – something that happened in an year 10 english class I was in) they have one strike and the video evidence records it.

Three of those things – suspendible or expellable offenses, and rather than play pass the parcel with them amongst the schools in an LEA, they should be sent to army school and told they will spend the rest of their education there, where after it, they will be made to serve for at least 10 years in the forces.

If they decide that they want to mess about there, then I'm all for typical punishments for insubordination being doled out. If they've made it that far, then perhaps corporal punishment should be tried.

But in the regular school system? Nope.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I'm a firm believer that kids should be given three chances. Install CCTV in every classroom. If you catch a pupil doing something absolutely out of order (like jumping up on the tables, running across the tables in the classroom then launching themselves into the air and punching another pupil – something that happened in an year 10 english class I was in) they have one strike and the video evidence records it.

Three of those things – suspendible or expellable offenses, and rather than play pass the parcel with them amongst the schools in an LEA, they should be sent to army school and told they will spend the rest of their education there, where after it, they will be made to serve for at least 10 years in the forces.

If they decide that they want to mess about there, then I'm all for typical punishments for insubordination being doled out. If they've made it that far, then perhaps corporal punishment should be tried.

But in the regular school system? Nope.
What a rubbish idea.

People respond to incentives - not punishment.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:59 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
What a rubbish idea.

People respond to incentives - not punishment.
she could always sue them ....
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:14 am
Hit 16's

Sorry, but I so do not agree with you. If someone is a jerk, he's a jerk, no matter of his position and I'd tell him so.
Two questions spring to mind:

1 Do you have a job?
2 Are you really condoning your kids telling their teachers they're jerks?

Much of life requires us to bite our lips--anyone who truly believes s/he can and will always speak his/her mind is in for trouble, much the same as the person who never does. Compromise is a prequisite of a functional society.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Don't forget masturbating in the lavatories.
I'll never forget masturbating in the lavatories.........
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Two questions spring to mind:

1 Do you have a job?
2 Are you really condoning your kids telling their teachers they're jerks?

Much of life requires us to bite our lips--anyone who truly believes s/he can and will always speak his/her mind is in for trouble, much the same as the person who never does. Compromise is a prequisite of a functional society.
To 1. I am in Saudi. No I do not work here. But I had jobs and believe it or not, even a career, thanks to my outspoken ways. Constructive critic is much appreciated. It is about not becoming ugly or rude, but acting professionally.

To 2.If they have a reason for a complaint, they have my full back-up. I wouldn't like my children to be yes-sayers all the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.