Corporal Punishment

Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Corporal Punishment

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
but you would have no issues with a Teacher doing it? yeah right
Exactly right. Shadya or her teacher can smack Jasmine but I never would. Simple fact. I have never raised my hand to a woman either. Its just the way I was brought up I guess.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Exactly right. Shadya or her teacher can smack Jasmine but I never would. Simple fact. I have never raised my hand to a woman either. Its just the way I was brought up I guess.
there is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes Dad's have to dish out discipline as well
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:44 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
I was a boarder for two years, and my abiding memory is being frequently caned by an overweight middle-aged woman called 'Matron'......

.......... these days, if I want that, I have to pay good money for it..........
This actually explains quite a lot.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 12:58 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I raise my hand to women a lot. The other day I had to give the ex a Nazi salute to keep her happy...

N.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
there is nothing wrong with that, but sometimes Dad's have to dish out discipline as well
My form of discipline is probably more painful as it usually involves withholding spending money.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

My form of discipline is probably more painful as it usually involves withholding spending money.
Aye, she will sure miss that weekly 10AED handout from Daddy LH.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Aye, she will sure miss that weekly 10AED handout from Daddy LH.
you think it's that high?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Any corporal punishment is a confession of failure from the adult!

And teacher who do resort to physical punishment should resign immediately.
How someone, who is educated in pedagogy, can find any excuse to raise his hand against a child is beyond me.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

friend of ours is a retired head, he taught in the 60s, 70s and 80s, and he's totally against corporal punishment. like he says, if hitting kids was so effective at maintaining discipline, how come schools had to do it every day?

he says that it was only a deterrent for the kids who didn't want to get into trouble in the first place. the nutters and headcases, the ones who most needed to be kept in line, weren't scared of it.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:34 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

You were lucky. My parents used to hack me to pieces with an axe and dance naked around my body singing Halleluyah.
Luxury.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:37 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
friend of ours is a retired head, he taught in the 60s, 70s and 80s, and he's totally against corporal punishment. like he says, if hitting kids was so effective at maintaining discipline, how come schools had to do it every day?

he says that it was only a deterrent for the kids who didn't want to get into trouble in the first place. the nutters and headcases, the ones who most needed to be kept in line, weren't scared of it.
I'd be interested to know if he thinks that there is a general lack of respect for teachers in many schools (in the UK in particular) these days. When I was a child, it was expected that you were polite to all adults and listened to them, but children don't seem to be taught that so much these days.

Seems a shame as badly-behaved, ill-mannered children grow up to be rude, unpleasant adults and we have enough of those as it is...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

depends on the school. a sought-after school will usually have parents who care about how their kids behave and have brought them up to be polite and respect other people... low-performing schools often have lots of kids whose parents don't give a toss...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
depends on the school. a sought-after school will usually have parents who care about how their kids behave and have brought them up to be polite and respect other people... low-performing schools often have lots of kids whose parents don't give a toss...
Yeah, I blame it on the parents, too. No, really.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

i don't smack my own kids (though god knows they probably need it!) so i certainly wouldn't want anyone else (teacher) doing it...

meow, you're right about the respect thing...loads of kids in the uk don't respect their teachers...my kids' school here works hard on instilling good manners/respect for teachers/parents and you can see it works as you walk round the school...when they finish school for the day, they have to shake hands with the teacher, it's very formal, but i like it...

MM, xx
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:57 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
when they finish school for the day, they have to shake hands with the teacher,
Eugghhh. Shaking the hands of 30 teenage, nose-picking, pocket-billiard-playing, don't-wash-after-peeing, sneezing-into-palms, zit-picking schoolboys. Only if I was wearing surgical gloves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.