Corbyn & Nuclear

Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corbyn & Nuclear

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
So once again, given that you don't seem to be questioning the validity of Cameron's claim to be leader of the Tory Party, what's your point? How is this relevant?
How did you manage to come to that conclusion!!??
I shall try to make it simpler. No I shan't, just gives you the opportunity to spout more wibble
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

OK, so the obvious inference would seem to be that have some sort of issue with the way party leaders are elected. You would apparently prefer that everybody on the electoral register be permitted to vote in leadership elections, not just members of the party concerned.

So what good do you think that would achieve?
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:34 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my goodness! Thinking not logical yours is young skywalker! Do you believe that in a General Election the punters vote for the local numpty or for the party headed by the person they believe will do the best job for the country? I believe that has a significant bearing on how people choose to vote. People in Cornwall would vote for Sidney Hathwaite from 't opp North if he were't local candidate cause he was the only conservative candidate they could vote for and they want to vote conservative. By a logical process of deduction one could conclude that, irrespective of the members of his constituency voting for CMD, there was actually a large groundswell of support across the whole country (excepting us blue painted trogs North of the border) who embraced cuddly CMD to their bosoms (metaphorically speaking). Not so our comrade who I suspect most of the general public had never heard of prior to the leadership battle.
After this rather rambling prelude those who voted for the comrade, those paid up members of the labour party, were a fraction of the total electorate. It would be interesting to see who would vote labour in a GE if the comrade still held the levers of power. However I doubt he will last that long.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikewot
Do you believe that in a General Election the punters vote for the local numpty or for the party headed by the person they believe will do the best job for the country?
People vote for the local MP who represents the party they want to run the country. Obviously there are exceptions, such as tactical voting.

By a logical process of deduction one could conclude that, irrespective of the members of his constituency voting for CMD, there was actually a large groundswell of support across the whole country (excepting us blue painted trogs North of the border) who embraced cuddly CMD to their bosoms (metaphorically speaking)
What, you mean during the 2005 Conservative leadership election? Or the 2015 GE?

I know a lot of Tories who don't like Cameron (they don't think he's a big enough *****), but voted Tory anyway because - get this - they were Tory voters.

Not so our comrade who I suspect most of the general public had never heard of prior to the leadership battle
Most of the general public had never heard of Cameron before he became party leader. He was not a prominent Tory politician at the time, and he had almost no public profile compared to other three main candidates.

Similarly, Blair was largely an unknown quantity to the majority of the public when he became Labour leader. Politics junkies obviously knew about him, but Joe Public didn't.

After this rather rambling prelude those who voted for the comrade, those paid up members of the labour party, were a fraction of the total electorate
The same as in any leadership election in any party. Nothing unusual or meaningful about that.