Contentious

Old May 2nd 2018, 6:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Contentious

This is going to be a shit storm potentially but **** it.

Scumbag kid next to me on the flight last night from Mumbai.
Didn't stop fidgeting and ****ing around, standing on the seat, kneeling, banging the table etc etc.

Can sort of live with all of that, because it's a kid and life's boring even if you're watching the Lego movie.

What kept annoying me was his insistence on hogging the arm rests, touching me with his feet or legs or arms and generally having zero respect for another human's personal space. The only time I looked at the little twat was when he was stood up on his seat, leaning on me excited to get some food. I had to shut his shit down at that point with a death stare that would skin a rabbit from 500 yards. We'l gloss over the times he was leaning on my arm looking at my phone whilst I was messaging the Mrs calling him a ****.

Mum did **** all, obviously. If I'd got close to standing on a seat on a train, bus, car or plane as a child I'd have been told off in a heartbeat.

There's almost no excuse on an emirates flight to not keep a kid entertained enough to not impact negatively on anyone else's experience? Right? It's not easy I appreciate but kids aren't born scumbags, they're allowed to behave badly and on a sub-3hr flight it can't be that hard to manage.
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:25 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contentious

Just so I can set the tone of my reply correctly, what nationality was the kid ?
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you just not complain to the cabin crew? That's what they're there for. They would have talked to the mother. Or found you another seat.
Old May 2nd 2018, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp and his passive aggression again. I assume he tutted like a beast and maybe even slammed the dinner tray shut after eating.
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Just so I can set the tone of my reply correctly, what nationality was the kid ?
Not sure, probably Indian but possibly Arab.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Why did you just not complain to the cabin crew? That's what they're there for. They would have talked to the mother. Or found you another seat.
Not a good complainer to be honest, not very comfortable doing it and I'm better off just putting up with it and moving on, whilst moaning later or to people privately at the time.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Scamp and his passive aggression again. I assume he tutted like a beast and maybe even slammed the dinner tray shut after eating.
Passive aggression is good.
No tutting, no slamming trays. Just a rising tide of disappointment in humanity inside.
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

i would have taken over the arm-rest or else ask the mother move in between you and the rug-rat. if no success then i would have started on the mother

really depends on the age of the kid

what was the mother saying/doing ?
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:40 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

You should have battered the kid, then the mother and then any random strangers who intervened.

That's what a real man would have done

From the sound of the kid getting excited about food, I'm guessing an Indian.
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
i would have taken over the arm-rest or else ask the mother move in between you and the rug-rat. if no success then i would have started on the mother

really depends on the age of the kid

what was the mother saying/doing ?
Nothing, she had another, younger kid to deal with. It just so happens she was on the aisle and the two kids were in the middle of the four, with me on the other aisle.
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Difficult to say - maybe you could have tried your luck with the mother - MILF type ?
Old May 2nd 2018, 8:53 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Edmund Burke)

We should all complain about all things, behaviours which are at the root of a rot in society as a whole.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.”
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:00 am
Account Closed

You should have battered the kid, then the mother and then any random strangers who intervened.

That's what a real man would have done

From the sound of the kid getting excited about food, I'm guessing an Indian.
Proper chuckle at this post.

Difficult to say - maybe you could have tried your luck with the mother - MILF type ?
Definitely not. Hooded. Hence my uncertainty over nationality.

Originally Posted by hnd
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Edmund Burke)

We should all complain about all things, behaviours which are at the root of a rot in society as a whole.

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.”
True, but the kid was just badly behaved, not evil. If anything it's the Mother that's closer to evil.
Old May 2nd 2018, 9:58 am
Knee deep and rising

Opportunity lost there for sure, could have mile highed each other in the luxurious confines of an emirates WC. While her other rug rats tore up the plane.
Old May 2nd 2018, 10:54 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Scamp: True, but the kid was just badly behaved, not evil. If anything it's the Mother that's closer to evil.[/QUOTE]

That’s right. Should have complained to the mother ...
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Opportunity lost there for sure, could have mile highed each other in the luxurious confines of an emirates WC. While her other rug rats tore up the plane.
Several points, although they stop at 1, it's worth sharing the rest:
1. I have a missus so nah.
2. She was not hot.
3. I barely fit in those bogs on my own, let alone with someone else.
4. I was tired. It had been a long day.

Originally Posted by hnd
That’s right. Should have complained to the mother ...
Yeah, probably. It's just less confrontational and uncomfortable to hate him and her and moan about it after.
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Several points, although they stop at 1, it's worth sharing the rest:
1. I have a missus so nah.
2. She was not hot.
3. I barely fit in those bogs on my own, let alone with someone else.
4. I was tired. It had been a long day.

Yeah, probably. It's just less confrontational and uncomfortable to hate him and her and moan about it after.
When one is poking the fireplace, you don't look at the mantelpiece !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.