Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Complaints over UK Visa's

Complaints over UK Visa's

Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Complaints over UK Visa's

Can the Emir of Qatar not just buy the UK passport service?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
See your point , but just because it's your country doesn't mean someone can't ask you your reason to go there if . Plenty of UK nationals up to no good ,especially in this day and age where crime knows no borders , so why shouldn't they ask ?
You say you wouldn't have minded if he spoke perfect English , why should that make a difference ? Are you implying that only people born in the UK can make a judgement about who or what constitutes a threat ?
I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying they have no right to interrogate me without reason. He asked to see my passport and was given it, not a problem there. To then ask me why I was there, what I was doing etc was none of his business.

As for his level of language skills, he could hardly string a sentence together. I have no problem with people of different backgrounds, cultures, religions, races or whatever working in the UK, it is what has made Great Britain great after all. However, I do object to the first person I see when I land in the UK being unable to speak its native tongue.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:10 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
As for his level of language skills, he could hardly string a sentence together. I have no problem with people of different backgrounds, cultures, religions, races or whatever working in the UK, it is what has made Great Britain great after all. However, I do object to the first person I see when I land in the UK being unable to speak its native tongue.
Yup, I agree. They basically told me I had to leave my wife to navigate Manchester from T1 - T2 and I could go out or not go out and stay with her. I explained that I was within my rights to walk in and out of the airport freely as my passport clearly states 'to allow the holder to pass freely without let or hindrance' She got arsey and I decided I didn't want a rubber glove inside my rectum. I walked off telling her what I thought