Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Common food you will not eat

Common food you will not eat

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common food you will not eat

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
A small bottle of the locally bottled water will cost me 1.50 QAR/AED. A similarly sized bottle of Evian will cost me 4.50 in the shops. So it's only three times more expensive, not ten.

Not all water taste the same. Evian has a very clean, rounded taste that does remind me of drinking from mountain springs. The best water I ever had was the water from the mountain streams and waterfalls in the New Zealand Alps (they don't recommend drinking in without purifying it in case there's a dead animal floating in the water further upstream but I took the risk and survived. You could practically get drunk on that water, that's how refreshing and pure it tasted.

Local water is either desalinated and / or has sodium added to it. Neither particularly bothers me but it does taste more metallic than the bottled imported spring water. I drink a mixture of Evian, the local water and Highland Springs. Prefer the European exports by a good margin.
Does Scamp know about your reckless spending??
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Local water is either desalinated and / or has sodium added to it. Neither particularly bothers me but it does taste more metallic than the bottled imported spring water. I drink a mixture of Evian, the local water and Highland Springs. Prefer the European exports by a good margin.
The majority of bottled water has sodium added. It's actually worth looking up the difference between spring and mineral water.... in the UK the legislation between he two vary considerably (or at least they used to).

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
I stand corrected, glad to see someone is awake!

Old Jan 23rd 2018, 6:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It's all part of the online persona.
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's all part of the online persona.
Well. Yes and no