Coins

Old Jan 27th 2019, 5:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Coins

Morning,

I've got a vase full of dirhams and smaller coins that's borderline overflowing.

Anyone know any banks or anywhere you can change them? I don't remember seeing normal 'tellers' in banks other than exchange houses. Can I bag up and take in?
Seen people do it at the local shops but only a hundred or so at a time, which is fine but laborious.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2019, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Coins

There's a coin sorting machine like back home at ENBD in Springs Souk*, failing that petrol stations will take a few thousand at a time.

*Other locations may also be available.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 9:07 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Ever since VAT arrived, I should think ANY shop keeper / Fuel Pump / Bank would be willing to take those coins. Even any UAE / AlAnsari Exchange type place wont say no I guess.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Arnold S
There's a coin sorting machine like back home at ENBD in Springs Souk*, failing that petrol stations will take a few thousand at a time.

*Other locations may also be available.
That's awesome, thank you.

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Ever since VAT arrived, I should think ANY shop keeper / Fuel Pump / Bank would be willing to take those coins. Even any UAE / AlAnsari Exchange type place wont say no I guess.
I was thinking this but not sure how to present them. Bagged up in 100's or.....?

Huh? What's that? You want them? You'll count them too and offer me double because it's sohelpful? Thanks buddy.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 11:44 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I was thinking this but not sure how to present them. Bagged up in 100's or.....?

Huh? What's that? You want them? You'll count them too and offer me double because it's sohelpful? Thanks buddy.
Well, to be honest, even if you count them beforehand and bag them, whoever decides to take them off you, will still end up re-counting them anyway, such is human faith in others ; hence, just make sure you have a couple of hours free and walk into one of the lucky businesses you decide to grace your presence with.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
Well, to be honest, even if you count them beforehand and bag them, whoever decides to take them off you, will still end up re-counting them anyway, such is human faith in others ; hence, just make sure you have a couple of hours free and walk into one of the lucky businesses you decide to grace your presence with.
That long wait for a count is what I'm hoping to avoid to be honest. Gonna do some hunting around this ENBD machine at Springs Souk
Old Jan 27th 2019, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Give them to the poor