Close to Hitler

Old Aug 5th 2012, 7:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Close to Hitler

According to my 17-year-old son, you can reach an article on Wikipedia that mentions Hitler within 4 links from any other article. Haven't tested the theory yet, but I'll give Brussel Sprouts a go at lunchtime.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 8:01 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Close to Hitler

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
According to my 17-year-old son, you can reach an article on Wikipedia that mentions Hitler within 4 links from any other article. Haven't tested the theory yet, but I'll give Brussel Sprouts a go at lunchtime.
1 click
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

You only really need to get to Europe or Germany which is easy in a couple of clicks from most things
Old Aug 5th 2012, 10:27 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You can do the same on BE. I believe it's three clicks to get to a Norm post
Old Aug 5th 2012, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
That's a variation on the 'Six Degrees of Separation' thing, where you can find links to/between anyone in the world in six steps (Bolivian roadsweeper to Bangalore schoolteacher, etc).

They did a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon a while back - any actor, however obscure, can be linked back to Kevin Bacon (or anyone else) in six steps (in fact it's usually no more than four) based on films they've been in........
Old Aug 5th 2012, 11:34 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by The Dean View Post
That's a variation on the 'Six Degrees of Separation' thing, where you can find links to/between anyone in the world in six steps (Bolivian roadsweeper to Bangalore schoolteacher, etc).
Yep, and in my lunchtime research (mainly using Wikipedia's Random Articles (and you can **** off, Jack, the italics are valid)), most got to Hitler within 2 or 3 links, and it was only the really obscure entries (eg a long-extinct bony fish, with only two hyperlinks in the one-sentence entry) that actually took 4.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

I was struggling with Inferior mesenteric artery, but Mel Gibson's Horseshoe Kidney came to the rescue.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:32 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
You can do the same on BE. I believe it's three clicks to get to a Norm post
Would be funny but Hitler praised most of the things I have spoken against.

I'd be three steps from Churchill not Hitler mate.

N.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
Would be funny but Hitler praised most of the things I have spoken against.

I'd be three steps from Churchill not Hitler mate.

N.
I'm two steps from Churchill, following the handshake principle (if you have shaken hands, you have him in one, if you have shaken hands with someone he has shaken hands with, you have him in two, etc).

I have shaken hands with the late Edward Heath (I didn't inhale, so leave me alone) who shook hands with Churchill.

The Handshake Game is great fun, in fact............
Old Aug 6th 2012, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Wow..you guys never played the hitler wiki game? Its hilarious..and shows your knowledge too..I did romania in 3.

The rules are go to random wiki article, then get to hitler asap.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Romania is an easy 1.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 8:19 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm two steps from Churchill, following the handshake principle (if you have shaken hands, you have him in one, if you have shaken hands with someone he has shaken hands with, you have him in two, etc).

I have shaken hands with the late Edward Heath (I didn't inhale, so leave me alone) who shook hands with Churchill.

I was on a Concorde flight from Washington in the early '90s that Heath was on. Christ he was a miserable bastard, gruff and unpleasant to the stewardess who was assigned to look after him on the ground. And the Dulles BA staff were among the best in the network (partly why I got to blag onto Concorde regularly).

[See how I did that? Millhouse, are you watching?]

Last edited by Miss Anne Thrope; Aug 6th 2012 at 8:22 am.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 3:46 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I have photos my grandfather took of him when he came out to visit the boys in North Africa who were giving Rommell a good thrashing...don't think he got a handshake but one of his brothers was a senior RAF officer so he might have.

N.