British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Clocks Went Forward? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/clocks-went-forward-525788/)

lionheart Mar 31st 2008 3:37 pm

Clocks Went Forward?

Just tried to catch the last few minutes of today's FTSE trading only to find it had closed early. Presumably BST started yesterday? Spring forward, fall back!

Chris79 Mar 31st 2008 3:44 pm

Re: Clocks Went Forward?

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6137273)
Just tried to catch the last few minutes of today's FTSE trading only to find it had closed early. Presumably BST started yesterday? Spring forward, fall back!

Yep, only 3 hours difference between us and the UK now.

nottmbantam Mar 31st 2008 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6137305)
Yep, only 3 hours difference between us and the UK now.

I thought it was 3 hrs anyway? Does that increase to four hours in the winter months then?

IndieG Mar 31st 2008 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6137273)

Nope, it's been a couple of weeks (at least 4 weeks as far as I remember) now, that I noticed the European markets were closing an hour early....

Ozzidoc Mar 31st 2008 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by IndieG (Post 6137590)
Nope, it's been a couple of weeks (at least 4 weeks as far as I remember) now, that I noticed the European markets were closing an hour early....

Nope. BST started yesterday.

Chris79 Mar 31st 2008 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 6137644)
Nope. BST started yesterday.

Yep, called the parents yesterday and they told me. Only 3 hrs difference now. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me!
I presume the UAE are too lazy to bother changing times etc?

weescot Mar 31st 2008 5:50 pm

Can recommedn downloading igoogle as your home page - you can chose various features, including "world clocks". You set your local time and wherever else in the world you deal with and it sets the time there automatically.

Chris79 Mar 31st 2008 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by weescot (Post 6137888)
Can recommedn downloading igoogle as your home page - you can chose various features, including "world clocks". You set your local time and wherever else in the world you deal with and it sets the time there automatically.

Yeah, you can have all sorts of stuff on there. I have it showing the weather back home and over here! :thumbup:

Inselaffen Mar 31st 2008 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6137738)
Yep, called the parents yesterday and they told me. Only 3 hrs difference now. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me!

no need to change when you start getting this close to the equator

Confucius Mar 31st 2008 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6137924)
Yeah, you can have all sorts of stuff on there. I have it showing the weather back home and over here! :thumbup:

I set it in a way that it rains indoors during the hot summer months...

Chris79 Apr 1st 2008 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6138722)
I set it in a way that it rains indoors during the hot summer months...

:rofl:
That's be a good idea. Don't how the laptop would fair though!!

lionheart Apr 1st 2008 6:21 am

Don't you watch any live Premier League football? It will now start an hour earlier...

Spugsy Apr 1st 2008 6:26 am

it does to me, means if the toon are playing on a sunday at 3pm its 6pm here rather than 7pm, I finish work at 6 so it means I have to somehow leave early

:(

jrudofsky Apr 1st 2008 8:24 am

But it makes Monday night games that much more manageable!

Spugsy Apr 1st 2008 8:32 am

Originally Posted by jrudofsky (Post 6141068)
But it makes Monday night games that much more manageable!

ah, now that is a good point