Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

The Clavichord Jazz Bar

The Clavichord Jazz Bar

Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Clavichord Jazz Bar

Anyone been there, at "The Somewhere" Hotel in tecom/Barsha Heights?

Especially Monday night Ladies nights - so the missus is free - not that she drinks much anyway.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:52 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Clavichord Jazz Bar

If whoever was involved in naming the bar has a hand in running it, then I'd give it a very wide birth.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If whoever was involved in naming the bar has a hand in running it, then I'd give it a very wide birth.
I thought the same thing with the Hotel name, could have been worse, could have been "The Nowhere" Hotel I guess.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 8:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IKnowNothing
I thought the same thing with the Hotel name, could have been worse, could have been "The Nowhere" Hotel I guess.
Jeez, I assumed it meant you couldn't remember what it was called.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Jazz..... avoid, avoid, avoid! The worst genre of music ever! And that's above Death Metal, most Trance and other bullshit noise.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 3:15 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Jazz..... avoid, avoid, avoid! The worst genre of music ever! And that's above Death Metal, most Trance and other bullshit noise.
I don't necessarily agree with that, but definitely would if the jazz involved a ****ing clavichord.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Avoid.

So i went there, they advertise 5 free drinks for ladies, they only give 3, they advertise half price on draught beer, nope, only on bottled, and then only on Fosters and Amstel Lite, they advertise live jazz every night, guess what? No Live music as there is a problem with our sponsor sir.

Total shower of shit, but at least the manager tried to do his best and gave me one pint of Stella at half price.

Then we went to Goodfellas, at least we know the score there.